OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New shotgun ??

Started by Sanatorium, January 09, 2016, 12:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanatorium

Looking for a new pump action for both hunting turkeys and coyotes..suggestions please ?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

mwr

Mossberg 835.. I bought it 2 years ago and really like it! The recoil reduction system by Mathews really works on those 3 1/2"!!!

Jgarrett

I have a stoeger p350 turkey edition with the pistol grip and 24" barrell, I really like it for the price
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Bowguy

I've hunted w an 835 since the early 90s but am in the process of looking for a Ithaca Turkey Slayer

tomstopper

kyturkeyhunter4

Mossberg 835 would be my choice there hard to beat, I've hunted with one for years there a shooter price is not bad on them either.

Gobble!

TN Beard Buster

870 Super Mag Turkey/Predator edition! 23" barrels, Shurshot stock, full camo, and comes with a TRUGLO red dot sight!! I've owned mine for two years and I love it!!paired with the right chokes and ammo, it is a killing machine. Very compact and maneuverable also. Only thing is did personally was removed the red dot and put on a scope!!

Lonehowl

I have shot an 835 since they first came out for coyotes and turkeys. Originally bought it for coyotes though since that is what I mainly love to do. They kick like heck with 3.5" shells, pretty much kill on both ends so to speak, but...good, tough pump guns that shoot great imo. I have drug one around to 4 or 5 different states predator hunting and never had a problem. I really never shoot 3.5" loads anymore so I have switched over to the Mossy 930 auto, turkey version. Its 3" only. Love it for predator hunting.
Mark

Bowguy

Seeing a buncha 835 votes. Some of the reasons that gun is so great is the way it was built. The barrel is over bored. Basically a ten gauge barrel so the shot has more room to not get distorted bouncing down the barrel. The forcing cone is open which also aids in protecting the shot. Cramming a bunch of lead down a barrel n expecting it to perform as many makers have done w 3-1/2" guns is why so many guys find superior patterns when using 3" shells instead.
835 is about the perfect turkey gun

bbcoach

Another vote for the 835.  I've owned one for about 10 years now, very dependable, plenty of chokes for Your perfect pattern, they put up Great numbers with the overbored barrel and they won't break the bank.  Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Gooserbat

More money, yes. More gun, yes.  That said I'm looking hard at a Browning BPS.  I'm not an auto fan or it would be Benelli. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mudhen

BPS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

surehuntsalot

another vote for the 835
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

hookedspur

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on January 09, 2016, 03:10:34 PM
870 Super Mag Turkey/Predator edition! 23" barrels, Shurshot stock, full camo, and comes with a TRUGLO red dot sight!! I've owned mine for two years and I love it!!paired with the right chokes and ammo, it is a killing machine. Very compact and maneuverable also. Only thing is did personally was removed the red dot and put on a scope!!

This
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions