OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MAD CALL NEW DECOY

Started by Greg Massey, January 08, 2016, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

What do you guy's think off MAD CALL new turkey decoy call the Smoky Baby ...it's mostly all white in color?

mwr

Bowguy

Gobble!

I use that with a goose decoy whos head I painted red. Turkeys love diversity.

kyturkeyhunter4

I've used the Mad shady lady and there walking gobbler decoy and they have worked just fine.

RS

My nephew tried in SC last spring. it was very successful in turning a gobbler who was coming in on a string into one that was hauling butt in the other direction.

THattaway

Quote from: Gobble! on January 08, 2016, 08:25:08 AM
I use that with a goose decoy whos head I painted red. Turkeys love diversity.
I almost spit my coffee all over the screen! LOL
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

jepcho

It always amazing me the crazy products some of these companies come out with just to try and sell a bunch for a couple years and then discontinue. Remember the HS squealing hen call?

TauntoHawk

Quote from: jepcho on January 08, 2016, 06:19:06 PM
It always amazing me the crazy products some of these companies come out with just to try and sell a bunch for a couple years and then discontinue. Remember the HS squealing hen call?
I think it's sickening selling gimicks to a lot of people that might not know better to make a buck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

THattaway

MADD should have the motto "A sucker born every minute" for lots of the stuff they sell. I mean the plastic treecoy? Really? LOL!

Friend from work told me about 6-7 toms gobbling regularly at the coyote howler he had. This was back in the 90s and coyote howlers were suddenly the new turkey locator call. Opening day came round and we slipped into the area. That big man huffed and puffed turning redder and redder sending out loud and then louder howls to silence as we walked down the log road in twilight. At the end of the road and edge of the river bottom I quietly said "How about I hoot?" and sent out a who cooks for you with my voice to be cut off by several toms gobbling, almost on top of us. The look on his face as he squeezed that call in his hand was priceless. Same fellow bought one of those dog whistles they sold too. Those calls may indeed work somewhere along the line but that stuff ain't what it's advertised to be IMO.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Honolua

Quote from: THattaway on January 09, 2016, 05:38:22 PM
MADD should have the motto "A sucker born every minute" for lots of the stuff they sell. I mean the plastic treecoy? Really? LOL!

Friend from work told me about 6-7 toms gobbling regularly at the coyote howler he had. This was back in the 90s and coyote howlers were suddenly the new turkey locator call. Opening day came round and we slipped into the area. That big man huffed and puffed turning redder and redder sending out loud and then louder howls to silence as we walked down the log road in twilight. At the end of the road and edge of the river bottom I quietly said "How about I hoot?" and sent out a who cooks for you with my voice to be cut off by several toms gobbling, almost on top of us. The look on his face as he squeezed that call in his hand was priceless. Same fellow bought one of those dog whistles they sold too. Those calls may indeed work somewhere along the line but that stuff ain't what it's advertised to be IMO.

Lots more money fooling hunters than turkeys or deer.

MK M GOBL

I would invest my $ in a DSD.

MK M GOBL

mwr