OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Merriams guide

Started by adamtb, January 07, 2016, 08:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamtb

Hey guys I live in New York and am looking for a guided merriams hunt that you guys could possibly recommend. I'm looking in the Nebraska/South Dakota area and would like to do a two bird hunt. Also as far as price goes I would like to keep it under $1200.... Any recommendations come to mind? Not looking for fiver star just a good place to sleep, eat, and shoot some turkeys! Thanks

turkeyfoot

you looking for next year I know some but probably booked except for really late in may

slwayne

Booner175

slwayne or adamtb...... I am looking for the same hunt for the spring of 2018 for a graduation present for my son. Can you send me a message or post who you would recommend?

dejake

I'd be interested in recommendations.  I'm doing a Rio hunt this year, would like to do a Merriam's next year.

ybuck

tagged.
Im in your same boat.
Graduation gift for my boy in 2018
well i'll hunt too ;D

wvboy

I have not been since 2010, but I loved Cow Creek Ranch.. they were more affordable back then .. looks like it has went up some since.. great guys though .. good food and great bunkhouse.. and un-pressured turkeys all over the place..

http://www.cowcreekranches.com/merriam_turkey.htm

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

mtns2hunt

If you are looking for a truly awsome  hunt look up hunt Tristate Outfitters in New Mexico. Search this site for Tristate Outfitters. I hunted with them last year and posted about my experience. My Avatar is one of the Turkeys I harvested on this hunt. Lodging is really nice and the food is out of this world and the cook is a walking encyclopedia of local history. Guides were really friendly and a lot of fun to hunt with. Cost runs about 1200.00 ea for two hunters. The ranch is a bit on small side at only 300,000.00 acres. I like a lot of room. One other note: there are plenty of Turkeys and all hunters harvested two birds by the second day if not earlier.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

husker

Look up Doug Herman at Cottonwood Hunting Lodge.