turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Box Call suggestions

Started by Spyder, January 05, 2016, 10:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyder

I would like to get a good box call. I'm pretty new to turkey hunting, does anyone have a recommendation for a pretty nice beginner box? Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Call Al with SS custom calls and he can get you set up with a wood combo for one of his field grade boxes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spyder

I have been looking at them, really nice calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwr

Quote from: TauntoHawk on January 05, 2016, 10:18:23 PM
Call Al with SS custom calls and he can get you set up with a wood combo for one of his field grade boxes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I'll second that!!!!!!!  Al and Josh will do ya good!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Austy

Yep I'll give that a Third vote!!  Al and Josh make a fantastic Field Grade Box that wont brake the bank and have plenty of turkey in them.

packmule

SS custom calls and Spring Creek Calls are both great options.

REBELYELL

Quote from: packmule on January 05, 2016, 11:50:31 PM
SS custom calls and Spring Creek Calls are both great options.

Good options.

Bowguy

SS is the obvious choice. They make great boxes at a very fair price, especially the cheap talk or field grade and you can't find one'll sound better. Great boxes

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

HFultzjr

I've had excellent results with Mike @ Spring Creek.
Very reasonable prices and excellent service.

paboxcall

Excellent advice - quality boxes at a great price.  I'd add Rohm Brothers boxes to the list as well.   :icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

packmule

Quote from: paboxcall on January 06, 2016, 11:03:35 AM
Excellent advice - quality boxes at a great price.  I'd add Rohm Brothers boxes to the list as well.   :icon_thumright:

X2!!!

Bowguy

You got it narrowed down now. Ask what kinda wood the guys like,  you'll get many more varying answers lol. Welcome bud.
SS cheap talk $40. Field grade slightly higher

bbcoach

Another vote for Mike Crooks with Spring Creek.  I've got two from Mike and have given two as gifts and they are all turkey.  The bloodwood over walnut is my go to short box.  For $35 to $40, these boxes are hard to beat for the price.

nsselle

I do not have a Spring Creek so I cannot comment.  But I do have some SS Customs, they sound incredible and you wont have to wait as long as you would from some other call makers, if you do have time to wait the the list is endless.  Also maybe try giving Irving Whitt a call, his boxes sound great as well and I bet he could get you one pretty quickly.