OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

$50 to spend at Cabelas!

Started by deerbasshunter3, January 04, 2016, 02:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

What would you buy if you had a $50 gift card to Cabelas?

Looking for something turkey hunting related.

Open to any and every suggestion. Thanks!

Tennessee Lead

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

TauntoHawk

ammo once they have a rebate or sale going on.

I don't buy much from Cabelas though, deal search on the internet for most things and anything call related sure isn't coming from a box store. the only things I can think of are gobbler lounger chair, ammo, maybe a piranta knife if you don't have one they are slick for any wild game, a facemask or little nick nack type things. Might also be able to find a good vest in the bargain cave either in store or online to put it toward I know I got a tac tater II there for like 75% off in the off season and just got it free off points years ago and that's a good vest. Decoys, they carry both DSD and Avian X now that I think of it $50 should be easy to spend depending what you need/want.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HFultzjr

Look for a sale on something you need or want.
Then see if there are any coupon codes or free shipping.
If you wait a while, they should be having some "Turkey Hunting" sales.

davisd9

Good leafy suit, maybe a choke, powder, camo, gobbler lounge

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

The Gobbler Lounger if you don't already have one.

wvlimbhanger

As mentioned already a gobbler lounger, use it towards a dsd decoy, or a couple boxes of Winchester longbeards.

deerbasshunter3

Well, already have a lounger. Have two or three boxes of shells. The calls I use are not sold at Cabelas. Don't need another choke. I have one Avian X feeding hen decoy and a jake decoy. I just bought a vest and a fanny pack last year. I guess nick nacks are going to be the way to go?

Gobble!

Sell it for $45 and put it towards a SS box call or TSS.

Tennessee Lead

Thermacel and refills

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

hs strut

boy thats a tuff one. new calls are nice but so is new camo maybe boots. you could put it towards other outdoor pursuits.
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

dejake

TauntoHawk

I would just hang on to it until you "need" something.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: TauntoHawk on January 05, 2016, 07:45:29 AM
I would just hang on to it until you "need" something.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I always "need" something... haha!

HFultzjr

If you've never tried Merino Wool....try it.
It's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Heavy weight for cold
Light weight for cold

I have several pairs of these and LOVE them
http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabela-s-men-s-ultimate-6-34-lightweight-mini-crew-wool-socks/721729.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26Ns%3DMIN_SALE_PRICE%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dmerino%252Bwool%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts%26WTz_stype%3DSN%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26search%3Dmerino%252Bwool%26searchTypeByFilter%3DTopRated%26x%3D10%26y%3D6&Ntt=merino%2Bwool

http://www.cabelas.com/product/smartwool-reg-men-s-liner-crew-socks/1548015.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26Ns%3DMIN_SALE_PRICE%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dmerino%252Bwool%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts%26WTz_stype%3DSN%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26search%3Dmerino%252Bwool%26searchTypeByFilter%3DTopRated%26x%3D10%26y%3D6&Ntt=merino%2Bwool

http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabela-s-xpg-trade-men-s-lightweight-socks-ndash-mini-crew/1760469.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D20%26Ns%3DMIN_SALE_PRICE%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dmerino%252Bwool%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26search%3Dmerino%252Bwool%26searchTypeByFilter%3DTopRated%26x%3D10%26y%3D6&Ntt=merino%2Bwool

Or have a look at the many others.
You will want at least 70% Merino Wool, preferably 80% is ideal. Up to about 90% max.
I don't like the 100% Merino Wool.....too much "stretch" out of shape. The other materials help them keep their correct form.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search/?N=&No=0&Ns=MIN_SALE_PRICE&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=merino%2Bwool&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All%2BProducts&WTz_st=&WTz_stype=SP&form_state=searchForm&recordsPerPage=20&search=merino%2Bwool&searchTypeByFilter=TopRated&x=10&y=6