turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

About 100

Started by ShortSpurs, December 27, 2015, 10:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShortSpurs

About 100 days or less from now we'll all be pulling up our face mask and leanin' back against that favorite tree deep in the turkey woods. For most of us it cain't happen soon enough.

Spitten and drummen

81 days down here in ms. I count them down. Been practicing with my 2 Buice trumpets for 3 months . Decided at end of last season I was going to learned to use a trumpet and I feel I have gotten really good with them. Also time to load up some more tss 20 GA shells. Will start scouting new spots in about a month after deer season. Life's good.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

otinhunter

I have 124 days until spring season starts but was out turkey hunting this morning and I thought it was spring  turkey season for a min. I've been hunting a group of gobblers the last week. This morning a gobbler sounded off on the limb and continued on the ground until about 9. I heard a total of 238 gobbles this morning mainly 1 bird but 2 others also gobbled a couple times.

guesswho

I dread it.  It will be here before you know it!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

I can't wait.  I may get to meet the legendary Guess Who this spring!  I'll be taking a trip to his neck of the woods, knowing he's killed most every turkey in the county.
I can only dare to dream... :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Tail Feathers

I'll finish out deer season next weekend and take a serious turn in thought to turkeys and crappie.
Mostly turkey.  This addiction has sure hurt the crappie fishing each spring. :toothy12:
I need to work on my trumpets too.  I haven't had the nerve to try one on a hunt and I think I'll fix that this spring.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jepcho

I'm right at about 100 days out as well, I can't wait!  I'm done deer and duck hunting and will be out after some pheasants and coyotes for the next month, but my mind is on turkeys for sure!!

SinGin

Enjoy the 6 am alarm going off now, cause after a week of hunting you'll be begging to sleep till 6