OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Dad is Battling Cancer

Started by Longshot, December 20, 2015, 06:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshot

My Dad has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He and my mom are surviving on a fixed income. Many people have come together to get a benefit fundraiser going to help my family with expenses for dad's treatment and beyond. Along with a great meal, there will be several custom turkey and duck calls (INCLUDING 2 CUSTOM TURKEY CALLS FROM MIKE AT SPRING CREEK CALLS), a Maryland goose hunt, Microtech knives, 2 Florida turkey hunts, a CVA muzzleloader, a Stihl chainsaw, a weekend hog hunt and so much more. We are adding prizes almost daily as more supporters are donating items. Please consider purchasing tickets and attending the banquet for a great cause. I'm attaching the write-up and flier from the MyFloridaHunter.com and MyFloridaHunter FaceBook page. We also would very much appreciate all the prayers we can get. Thank you all and Merry Christmas.

I'm sorry to even have to write this. One of our own, Ed Hilbrant, has been diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic cancer. Ed has been a huge help in the community of hunters in Florida for many, many years. Ed was on the Phil Donahue show in 1988 supporting youth hunts and hunters rights in Florida. He was a meteorologist in the Navy from 1967 to 1971 while mostly being stationed in Washington, DC. He also spent a winter in Antarctica at the south pole in operation "Deep Freeze." He was very involved with local Little League baseball and Pop Warner football programs. He established an athletic association in an area where there wasn't one. He coached for each of his children's teams (3 of them, Dennis, Paul and Carol) while still making time to get them out on the lake or into the woods most every weekend. His son, Paul, introduced him to waterfowling about 10 years ago and despite his poor wingshooting skills, he's been an avid duck and goose hunter since. He was along for his grandson's first hunt and it marked the first time three generations of Hilbrants had ever taken to the field together. He still gets out in the woods as often as his health allows. I was honored to be able to hunt with him last weekend.

Ed has been giving and giving his whole life to his friends, family, Florida hunters and his country and its time that he is Honored for all the great things he has done. This banquet is to help Ed and his family in this horrific time of need. It is times like this when we need to unite and step up to the plate and help a brother hunter and his family. Seats are limited, so buy yours today! We have had an outpouring of support by local/far businesses for items to be raffled off. We will be giving away door prizes every 15 min. I will try to get a finalized list, however things are coming in pretty much daily. Thank you all for your support in advance. God Bless, shoot straight and please have the Hilbrant family in your prayers. Feb. 6th 2016. This is one event you do not want to miss. Please visit our facebook page for more details.
Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

Longshot

Last weekend we were blessed to have Dad feeling well enough to get out to the blind with my son Noah, Kenny Banaciski of MyFloridaHunter and me.

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ccleroy

I'm so sorry to hear this, prayers sent friend.

guesswho

Hate to hear that.  Pulling for Dad.  Prayers sent.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

HFultzjr

Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Longshot

Spring Creek Calls, ccleroy, guesswho and HFultzJr...thank you for the prayers and Merry Christmas.

VA_Birdhunter

Prayers on the way brother!!  I pray for healing if its the Lords will and comfort and understanding during this time for you and your family! Dealing with a sick family member is very hard and stressful I've dealt with it for years....but our Lord Jesus Christ is such an awesome, merciful and loving God...and is always by our side!    God Bless

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Spring Creek Calls

Harold Fultz Jr and I will be sending 2 box calls for your banquet. Harold contacted me to send you a box and I decided to add one also. Good luck and I pray for the best result for Dad!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

chadly

Longshot

Thank you VA_Birdhunter and Chadly. I really appreciate your words and prayers more than you know.

Mike,

I really don't know what to say but Thank You! I will add your business to everywhere I have this posted to try to drum up some business for you. God Bless and Merry Christmas my friend.

Paul Hilbrant

vaturkey

Prayers have been said for your Dad here in Bedford , Va. God Bless  :mycross:
Vaturkey

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

The Cohutta Strutter

May the full presence of God be with you all during this time.
Anybody seen America lately?

allaboutshooting

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."