turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How to blow a Wing Bone Call?

Started by 870-Wingmaster, March 28, 2011, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870-Wingmaster

I heard someone blow a wing bone for the first time last weekend and I was amazed.  I ordered a cheap, but real wingbone call off of the web.  Any tips or links to videos on how to blow this thing???   

shootumindaface

If you blow it you will never get it

lumberjack

I hope I'm not overstating the obvious, but when you get your wingbone, don't try to blow through it.  I am by no means an expert on the subject but I have never heard a wignbone blown through.  I like to think of it as a gentle kissing (actually made with the tounge and throat, not neccessarily the lips) action to draw air through the call, its an inhale not an exhale that creates the sound on a wingbone.  I love mine carry it everywhere in the woods, I hope this helps, Good Luck

Basser69

You don't blow a wingbone call. You inhale unlike Bill Clinton. Sorry could not help that one. Try making kissing sounds on it. Just start there and you will figure it all out :z-guntootsmiley:

870-Wingmaster

Sorry Guys, I did know that you had to suck air in through the call with a kissing sound.  I found instructions on the net, but they are king of generic.  Basically, inhale while making a kissing sound....

I really really really want to learn how to blow this thing.  The sounds that come out of a wingbone really intrigue me.

archery1

Quote from: lumberjack on March 28, 2011, 09:38:34 PM
I hope I'm not overstating the obvious, but when you get your wingbone, don't try to blow through it.  I am by no means an expert on the subject but I have never heard a wignbone blown through.  I like to think of it as a gentle kissing (actually made with the tounge and throat, not neccessarily the lips) action to draw air through the call, its an inhale not an exhale that creates the sound on a wingbone.  I love mine carry it everywhere in the woods, I hope this helps, Good Luck
Take a kid hunting

870-Wingmaster

anyone else?  Need help bad, lol.  Although I am starting to make some better sounding turkey calls now.  I really want to learn this call. :help: :help: :help:

Basser69

Quote from: 870-Wingmaster on March 29, 2011, 09:18:29 AM
anyone else?  Need help bad, lol.  Although I am starting to make some better sounding turkey calls now.  I really want to learn this call. :help: :help: :help:

Try cupping your hands together around the end of the barrel. It will help tone it down some. You can also open and close your hands and get tones to change. Next piece of advise, practice!

handcannon

They are great to use in the woods. While your waiting on it to come in, you can practice with something like a coffee stirring straw just to see what it is you have to do to get the sound. Not much to it with a little practice.

870-Wingmaster

Thanks Guys,  I am starting to get some turkey sounds out of it. 
Just wish I had someone to actually show me how to use it or wish i had a video to watch.  Seems like something visual would help. Thanks again.

strutnrut

M Sharpe

I know some guys don't use them but put you a lip stop on it. It will help with consistancy and won't tire your lips ao bad trying to hold the call in the same place each time.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

trkehunr93

A must have for your vest, called in several birds fall and spring with them.  Like they said gentle kissing sound, and cup your hands around the end.  Close them like your clapping and your thumbs will come together, put the of the wingbone in between the thumbs and your hand is the sound chamber, opening one hand allows the sound to escape and you can control direction as well.  I like to take off my gloves, it doesn't muffle the sound as much.  Hope this makes sense.

misfire

Alan Sentell had an instructional video at one time, very informative
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

ccleroy

You dont suck though it,you draw wind through it if that makes sense..............takes some time to get it but after that is is second nature.