OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Starting an NWTF chapter from scratch

Started by nativeks, December 01, 2015, 02:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativeks

Anybody out there ever start an NWTF chapter from scratch? We move in the next couple weeks and the place we are moving is without one and the NWTF has made it known they are interested in starting one. I just don't know what all it would have to happen. Thanks.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: nativeks on December 01, 2015, 02:08:08 PM
Anybody out there ever start an NWTF chapter from scratch? We move in the next couple weeks and the place we are moving is without one and the NWTF has made it known they are interested in starting one. I just don't know what all it would have to happen. Thanks.

Over the years I've been involved in chartering several new NWTF chapters. The NWTF Regional Director (RD) should be your first contact. If you don't know who that is, you can look in the latest edition of "Turkey Country" magazine to get his phone number and email address.

He should be familiar with the area. He's probably spoken with several people there who hunt turkeys and may interested in forming a chapter. Normally, there are people who are interested but may not be willing take on the task because like you, they don't know what's really involved.

The RD can tell you exactly what needs to be done and work with you along each step of the way. It can be a lot of fun to start a new chapter and it gives you an opportunity to meet new folks who have a common interest. I'd encourage you to make the contact. If I may be of any help whatsoever, I'd be happy to do that. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

nativeks

NWTF actually reached out to me yesterday. A coworker is trying to organize a mentored hunt on company owned land and wanted employees to be guides. I volunteered, and they also mentioned he was interested in starting the nwtf chapter here and I said I was interested in that as well, so the ball is now rolling.