OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rocky Ultimate Wool Merino Wool Socks  (Read 5510 times)

Offline HFultzjr

• The Boss Gobbler
Rocky Ultimate Wool Merino Wool Socks
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:04:34 AM »
After using Polypro socks for 10+ years, I kept reading about " Merino Wool".
I decided to try a pair of Rocky Ultimate Wool socks. Was only $7.99 at a local store.
Let me tell you......I'll NEVER go back to the old Polypro socks!
These things ROCK!
My feet have never been so comfortable and I could wear them ALL day and never get that damp feeling.
I'm sold so much as to now I'm looking into Merino Wool Long Underwear.
If they are as comfortable as these, I'll probably have no problem taking a nap in the woods......LOL.
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/Smileys/classic/fud.gif

Online WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 02:15:13 PM »
Check out the first lite merino wool..Best thing I did was throw all that fancy under armor stuff in the trash and buy first lite..No more getting cold or feeling like a soaked rag after a hike.

You can wear the first lite for weeks at a time without washing it,it doesn't hold odor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online KYFrid

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 07:45:08 PM »
Couldn't agree with you guys more. Merino is the way to go! I'm slowly trying to replace all my under armor crap with first lite and minus 33 merino.

Offline HFultzjr

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Rocky Ultimate Wool Merino Wool Socks
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »
Thanks, I'll check them both out.

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 10:41:13 AM »
 I recently also tried my first pair of quality wool socks. A few days later I went back to purchase 4 more pairs. Like said above, I will never go back to regular junk socks.  I prefer a lighter weight wool sock (I'm in Fla, doesn't get too cold) and have really liked the Point6 socks. They are on sale frequently for about $10 a pair...

http://www.amazon.com/point6-Hiking-Light-Cushion-Socks/dp/B004OYV5PC/ref=pd_sim_468_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0MJNPBPJ4PZV5NBXP0FQ&dpID=41z8YuN-4sL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR106%2C160_

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 10:42:51 AM »
Check out the first lite merino wool..Best thing I did was throw all that fancy under armor stuff in the trash and buy first lite..No more getting cold or feeling like a soaked rag after a hike.

You can wear the first lite for weeks at a time without washing it,it doesn't hold odor.

Agreed!  Merino Wool is great, I have slowly been selling off old camo on ebay, etc. and replacing it with First Lite.  Sitka Gear, Kuiu, Icebreaker and Smartwool all manufacture quality merino wool items also.  I still like my under armour for when its hot and humid but I'm a hot natured person anyway and start sweating thinking about warm weather.  Thanks for the review