News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

encore choke

Started by Prohunter3509, November 23, 2015, 08:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prohunter3509

Ok guys I know this is cheating but hey
My wife and son bought me a new encore 12 ga.
Barrel for this spring could you guys that had experienced this
Barrel what shells and choke am I looking at
I didn't know if choke that came with was as good as aftermarket. Just looking for a lil experience I know you guys have it. Any help appreciated.  Thanks

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Prohunter3509 on November 23, 2015, 08:11:23 AM
Ok guys I know this is cheating but hey
My wife and son bought me a new encore 12 ga.
Barrel for this spring could you guys that had experienced this
Barrel what shells and choke am I looking at
I didn't know if choke that came with was as good as aftermarket. Just looking for a lil experience I know you guys have it. Any help appreciated.  Thanks

Congratulations. That's a fine gun and quite a nice gift from your wife. You have a very wide variety of chokes available for your gun. There are many good brands that will allow your Encore to perform at its peak. There are also 2 different shells that will work very well in your gun.
The 2 oz load of Hevi-13 with either #6 or #7 shot and the 1 3/4 oz or 1 7/8 oz load of Winchester Long Beard. Both work very well.

You might find these 2 links to be of help: http://www.nwtf.org/hunt/article/choking-winchester's-long-beard-xr  & http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=759 in your choice of chokes for your gun.

Whatever you choose, best of luck to you with your new gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

longislandloco

Lucky you, happy shootin'.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

SumToy

something around 650 should fix you up
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Candyman

I have an Indian Creek black diamond .660 in mine. Shoots Hevi-13 2oz 6's extremely well. Never tried the 7's.