OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: ANY THOUGHTS  (Read 3304 times)

Offline sulpher turk

ANY THOUGHTS
« on: November 04, 2015, 06:39:21 PM »
does anyone have any thoughts or preferences on crossbows. im looking at a parker thunderhawk vs a wicked ridge warrior hl. i shoot a parker bow and like it. just wondering.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: ANY THOUGHTS
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 06:49:55 PM »
A crossbow isn't archery, least not in the same sense. Don't wanna ruffle anyone so maybe to me it's just not. You're shots w a crossbow will be limited because of the horizontal clearance, loading and shooting is akin to an aerobics excercise. Lotta work.
They're unweildy, and require lots of maintenance. Most manufacturers recommend replacing the string every 200 shots. Many archers shoot that in a week easily.
Word of warning, they can also be dangerous, watch your thumb when shooting!
More often than not in hunter ed classes at least one or two break.
If you decide to go that route good luck w it

Online MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
Re: ANY THOUGHTS
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 09:56:00 AM »
Lots of crossbow questions a of late, So I have been selling crossbows for 25+ years and worked in Ohio for a bit where the were legal for anyone to use. About the is when the Ten Point line really started making a name for themselves, there bows have been at the top of choices for a long time and continues today. Day in day out we sell more Ten Points that all the other brands. Ten Point also has 2 other lines under there brand, Horton and Wicked Ridge. Don't think you can go wrong with a Ten point.

MK M GOBL