OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ohio buck (long read story added)

Started by snapper1982, October 06, 2015, 10:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

Quote from: owlhoot on October 11, 2015, 10:24:06 AM
Wow. Nice brute of a buck  .  Time to go get that big 9 now! Must be close to the same size from your story?  What kind of bow  and arrow set did you use? I think some trail cam pics would be neat if you get a chance. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a great buck . :icon_thumright:

Ohio is a 1 buck state so unless someone else kills the 9 he will live. He is a 150s buck. As far as bow. I had the crossbow with me. Tenpoint shadow with black eagle executioner arrows and an ulmer edge 100 grain head. I think I am gonna try to take some does with the recurve. I bounce back and forth with the crossbow and compound and have never taken the recurve. I will post some pics ASAP.

snapper1982

Quote from: davisd9 on October 10, 2015, 09:43:51 PM
Congratulations on good buck! Hope it was cold and his meat was still good.

Sent from the Strut Zone

Meat was plenty good. Gave the back straps to my taxidermist.

owlhoot

Quote from: snapper1982 on October 11, 2015, 07:14:21 PM
Quote from: owlhoot on October 11, 2015, 10:24:06 AM
Wow. Nice brute of a buck  .  Time to go get that big 9 now! Must be close to the same size from your story?  What kind of bow  and arrow set did you use? I think some trail cam pics would be neat if you get a chance. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a great buck . :icon_thumright:

Ohio is a 1 buck state so unless someone else kills the 9 he will live. He is a 150s buck. As far as bow. I had the crossbow with me. Tenpoint shadow with black eagle executioner arrows and an ulmer edge 100 grain head. I think I am gonna try to take some does with the recurve. I bounce back and forth with the crossbow and compound and have never taken the recurve. I will post some pics ASAP. 
I used longbow for many years until shoulder injured . Now Excalibur x bow . Good luck with the recurve but watch out !  That traditional bug can't be shakin easily.

snapper1982

snapper1982

Here is the wide 9 and southpaw standing in the same spot

owlhoot

Some very nice pics . Same spot is really neat , looks like a challenge to you for next near. :)

strutnva

slamman

kyturkeyhunter4

beagler

Never Misses

tomstopper