OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Joshua's first deer

Started by chadly, September 30, 2015, 12:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadly

I'm so pleased with my son.  Not that he got his first deer but more his reaction after he fired the shot.  He prayed out loud as a reaction to the shot please Lord let the deer be dead, your words say the animals are here for us to eat, please let this deer be for us to eat.  It was a 72 yard shot and I nervous about the distance.  I kept saying only pull the trigger you are steady and not wiggling all over the chest.  He said I can do it.  I again said this has to be a good shot.  He said he could make the shot.  The deer dropped in its tracks and we are in celebration mode.  the meat is the cooler and he wants a rug made of the hide.  We froze the head as it is late but will do a European mount for the head later.  Joshua is my oldest at 9.  I have a 6 year old daughter and twin 4 year old boys to keep this tradition real.  I cant wait!  This was a bonding like no others. 

dejake

davisd9

Congratulations to the young man!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

cramerhunts

Congratulations to you both! Hunting with kids is the best time spent and the rewards are numerous!

Big Timber

Priceless! Congrats to your son.  :icon_thumright:

guesswho

Little man done good.  Congrats on a couple of accomplishments!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

DawgsFan1

That's what is all about right there. Thanks for sharing. Congrats!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Bowguy

J Lacey

Congrats to you both. First deer and first turkeys are some of my favoriteories with my son
2020 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2020 GNCC Amateur National Champion
2022 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2022 GNCC Don Chancey award winner

chadly

Thanks for all the kind words.  We were very excited.  I'm not a fan of shooting small deer but in this case we were going to shoot any deer so long as it was not a fawn.  When he shot the recoil knocked him off his chair.  Every deer, turkey, or even pheasant I bring home my kids are in the garage while I clean them.  This is the first time my son got involved physically.  I did not ask for his help but he had ownership in this deer and did a great job in helping.  We are both still grinning. 

jepcho

That is awesome!  Congrats!

owlhoot

Congrats. You will cherish that experience for a long time !

mgm1955

Happy

Congrats to the young man. There is nothing small about that deer to me. I bet in is eyes it's perfect. It's great to bond like that without your children and I congratulate you both. That's the sport of hunting at its finest. God is good!

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Fatbeard

Cherish those moments. I remember every detail of Blaine's first deer! Congrats and mount that stud of a buck for him
East TN Beard Buster