turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tripods

Started by GobbleNut, September 28, 2015, 04:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

I'm in the market for a new tripod for use with a spotting scope, video equipment, and camera.  Anybody have any info on what might be the best tripod for the job?

USMC0331

Bog-Pod has worked good for me.

Rapscallion Vermilion

For backpacking trips with my big camera where I needed something reasonably light, but sturdy enough for a heavy camera, I've been very happy with my Bogen 3001.  The main drawback is that the maximum mount height is about 5' 6", not enough for full standing height. 

Any chance you're coming up this way any time soon?  You're welcome to borrow it and see if it works for you.

30_06

Velbon, Manfrotto, and Slik have all worked well for me.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on September 28, 2015, 10:33:47 PM
For backpacking trips with my big camera where I needed something reasonably light, but sturdy enough for a heavy camera, I've been very happy with my Bogen 3001.  The main drawback is that the maximum mount height is about 5' 6", not enough for full standing height. 

Any chance you're coming up this way any time soon?  You're welcome to borrow it and see if it works for you.

Thanks for the offer, Mike,...and for the recommendation (and thanks to the others who have made recommendations).  I don't have any plans for getting up your way anytime soon, but if I do, I will let you know. 

slamman

I have a 95mm Sworo spotting scope and I use the Outdoorsmans Tall tripod with the Outdoorsmans pan head.  It holds the weight of the spotting scope well.  Took this nice 90+ speed goat this past September with the help of the tripods and spotting scope.