turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thermacell ( wish i owned stock)

Started by Muzzy61, September 28, 2015, 01:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

I grabbed my thermacell out of my turkey vest Friday night to take with me on my first deer hunt of the season Saturday. Much to my surprise it didn't work. Needless to say it was a short hunt.

That afternoon went to the two hunting stores in town, walmart, lowes and home depot. They were all out. I work 40 miiles in a different town, today at lunch i went to 2 walmarts, lowes, home depot and tractor supply and they were out.

Man, i wish i would have brought stock in the company when they first stated out.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

outdoors

YUP THATS ONE TOOL FOR TNE OUTDOORS THATS WORTH EVERT PENNY
THERES TIMES WHEN IM HUNTING AND USING IT I THINK OF HOW I MANAGED WITHOUT IT
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

jepcho

I agree.  They are well worth the money!

BowBendr

Used mine while bowhunting a swamp in NC last Saturday. Hot as fire and skeeters were ruthless. The thermacell held them at bay like they'd hit a wall.
When I turned it off at dark to let it cool they devoured me.
Best tool I've bought in a long time.
Go to homedepot.com, ships to store for free in 2 days.....

2015 Old Gobbler contest champions

30_06

Works great no matter the season! Have used it quite a few times during deer and bear season.

LI Outdoorsman

when mine doesnt want to light I turn it upside down and hit the starter button a few times..for some reason it works! (most of the time)

Muzzy61

I hunt in florida, I would leave my bow or shotgun at home before i would my thermacell or snake boots. I will now keep 2 in my pack back or vest, just in case.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

cuppednlocked

I hope you didn't trash your non-working unit.

Thermacell repaired mine for the cost of shipping.  It was my original unit from ~2002.

owlhoot

Now need one to repel ticks.  For skeeters they are great.  Being fixed after 2002 , that is great service for sure.

gaswamp

Quote from: owlhoot on October 03, 2015, 10:14:44 AM
Now need one to repel ticks.  For skeeters they are great.  Being fixed after 2002 , that is great service for sure.

drink vinegar daily to repel ticks