OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

gonna get a second tube browning silver

Started by Prohunter3509, September 07, 2015, 08:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prohunter3509

Rite now I am shooting browning full strut with long beards
I am taking a couple out of state hunts next spring and was
Thinking about getting a second choke.
With all these years of experience in this room could someone point me towards a good tube that I will be shooting long beards and mag blend 3 1\2" in I am shooting a browning silver hunter 24" barrel thanks guys all help appreciated

Britton40

My browning silver with a 24" barrel liked a Pure Gold 660 tempest (no ports). I have it for sale in the trading post as I don't have the 24" barrel anymore.  I don't think I shot the longbeards out of it though. I also have a PG 675 which may work better with the long beards. The full strut choke is pretty tight if I remember correctly.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Prohunter3509 on September 07, 2015, 08:46:56 PM
Rite now I am shooting browning full strut with long beards
I am taking a couple out of state hunts next spring and was
Thinking about getting a second choke.
With all these years of experience in this room could someone point me towards a good tube that I will be shooting long beards and mag blend 3 1\2" in I am shooting a browning silver hunter 24" barrel thanks guys all help appreciated

I think you'd really like the JEB's .650 with that gun. I have several I+ guns and my readers who have purchased those chokes report to me the same results that I see. Excellent patterns with no large gaps.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

OldSwamper

i have an Indian Creek 665 that patterned well in my browning gold.  i switched to my SBEII because I wanted a pistol grip shotgun as a dedicated turkey gun.  If interested, PM me, thanks

SumToy

675 in most of them will give you what you are looking for. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

VaTuRkStOmPeR

.675 Indian Creek or .670 Rhino.

That bore is .742; I've never seen a gold or a silver that would shoot impressive patterns with anything tighter than a .665 and most preferred to be up in the .670s