turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

When nature calls

Started by KentuckyHeadhunter, August 16, 2015, 05:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentuckyHeadhunter

Here a few recent ones I completed.  I make folk art style calls using natural materials and found objects.  I make them one at a time and make sure that they have the ability to fool a gobbler.  Thank you for looking.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

KentuckyHeadhunter

Chicken of the sea with fossilized coral, mother of pearl strikers and chambered nautilus.

KentuckyHeadhunter

KentuckyHeadhunter

Vaughnrp2

Those are some nice looking calls! It's nice to see something a little different from time to time.

Spring Creek Calls

Nice calls Allen. I'd like to try one if for sale.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

SS Calls

Very unique calls Allen, looks like you're doing a fine job with them. Keep up the good work.  :you_rock:

West Augusta

I like em.  What are the surfaces?
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Thank you guys for the kind responses. I have made quite a few and actually used them to call in gobblers although I guess they are more folk art than anything.  I do however make sure they sound like a hen regardless.  That is the goal and that is key.  Mike I will gladly take care of you and Al and Vaughn thank you for the compliments.  Steve the surface on some is Brazilian agate which is a pain to condition.  I also use scallop and various shell material.  Whatever works. As a collector I have had some inspiration from Kevin Raybould, Charlie Trotter, and a few others who do similar styles.  Lonnie Mabry is a good friend and "neighbor" and has been very kind and helpful and taught me a ton. Thank you guys again!

callmakerman

Fine looking calls and I know they can call birds as I have had the chance to run some of Kevin's in the past. Really like the strikers with the shell casing.

mgm1955

KentuckyHeadhunter

Thank you callmakerman and mgm.  I'm honored by the compliments I have received.  I need to learn SoundCloud so I can play some sound files to prove they DO work.