OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Merriam Outfitter

Started by ILHUNTER, August 05, 2015, 11:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILHUNTER

Anyone ever hunted with Tony Hoffman at 3riversoutfitter.  Thinking about trying to get a hunt for me and my son next spring and Ive been looking at the couples hunt here.  Just checking to see if this place is good spot or not. Thanks

fallhnt

Where is that outfitter located? I searched it and it came up in WV. You won't kill a Merriam there.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

ILHUNTER

Look at 3rivershunting.com it is in Crofton, Nebraska.  Seems like a pretty nice place

fallhnt

I don't think they will have true Merriam turkeys if that's what you are looking for. You would need to be west of Valentine. I spent 10 years hunting around Chadron. The birds are true Merriam , which have the shortest legs of all turkey,  and fun to hunt. You can hunt in the hills or along the river on the flat ground. 3rivers looks like a good place though.

ILHUNTER

I was just curious if this place is legit or if anyone ever had any experience with them.  I have never hunted anything but easterns, True Merriams would be nice but he says they have some good Merriam specimens but most people would call a most of them hybrids,  since I have never killed Rios or Merriams either or  hybrids would work for me and my  son.

fallhnt

You can ask him for references but NE. is loaded with birds in good habitat.