OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Truck Guns

Started by SinGin, July 19, 2015, 07:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

Does anyone have a long gun that they dedicate to carrying in there trucks at all times? If so what caliber or gauge do you have? Thinking about putting one in my truck but worried about theft and what I have to do to make sure it's legal. In Missouri it's my understanding that you can carry a loaded conceld hand gun in your vehicle legal but not sure about long guns or shotguns.

silvestris

Hard to beat a Ruger 10/22.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

dutch@fx4

I have a beater 22 250 bolt with a removable mag that rides on the dash of the pickup all late summer fall and winter once the hay starts to be cut I start to carry the truck gun .mostly for woodchucks and coyotes ,,Dutch

Buzzkiller

Ruger 10/22  (Stainless steel) 

Spitten and drummen

Ar15 6.5 creedmore. Lock and loaded
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

wytrat785

My conceal carry is a Kimber Crimson Carry II. Behind the seat Stoeger Double Defense 12 gauge loaded with 2 3/4" 00 buckshot and when small game season opens, i.e. squirrels, my Browning SA 22 is added behind the seat.

Greg Massey

Smith weasson bodyguard with laser in 380 is my carry gun all the time no matter what kind of hunting I'm doing..I also keep a 380 cobra in my truck at all times...my wife carries a Smith in 380 all the time also...

surehuntsalot

SKS rifle and 12ga Mossberg pump shotgun
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Cut N Run

I keep a camo single shot 12 ga. with an elastic shell holder on the buttstock loaded with OO Buck, and some Hevi #5s.  I used to carry an SKS that a buddy needed to control coyotes and wild dogs at his horse farm, so I gave it to him.

For a time I carried a Ruger 77/22 Mag in stainless with a composite stock, but I'd miss that one too much if it got stolen.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.