OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Antique fishing lures

Started by Moore, July 18, 2015, 01:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

I was wondering if any of you collect antique fishing lures and how did you display them. I have tried the shadow box thing and they fell off the push pins. I was just given my grand dad's tackle box. It's old school, metal body with a push button release that has a lock. I would like to display his old fishing gear together the way would used it. The thing not sure how to do it. I figure I could use plaxie glass to cover the shelves and use something to bound it. I'm not sure if I should use something  else.
[

silvestris

Take them suckers out and catch some fish.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Greg Massey

I have a collection of the old wood type Devil Horse lures and the way I display them is hanging off a weather old boat paddle ...ive got the boat paddle hanging like a Picture on a wall with holes drill into the paddle for the hooks to hang off ....I also took some old fish netting and hung it around on the wall and have old lures hanging off of it also..all of this at my river cabin....just some thing you can make from your old lures...I have a friend at the river who has his old lures hanging from a can pole that looks good....

Tail Feathers

I wouldn't glue them or do anything to damage them.  Some of those can be pretty valuable.  Maybe just a display of the tackle box open, with some lures carefully "randomly" laid about inside.  You can even put a plexiglass box over it to protect it from curious hands.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

fallhnt

I have mine on a shelf unit that looks like the top half of an old row boat.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

pappy

I have an idea.....go out and find a real nice piece of driftwood, something with an open bottom to sit the tackle box on and tenacles spreading out to hang the lures from, then run a string of white Christmas lights through it or drill a hole for mounting a lamp fixture on top.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Moore

[

flintlock

I put a drop of glue from a glue gun on mine that I wanted to display.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Moore

Would the hot glue damage the lures
[

SinGin

I don't think I would glue anything, condition is everything