turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finished set for member.....

Started by pappy, July 16, 2015, 11:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Here is a dark green acrylic set I made fro a member on here, he wanted them to be matte finish, both are sounders for sure hope he is gonna like 'em......pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

troutfisher13111

Very nice, thanks Pappy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mgm1955

callmakerman

Nice set Jack. There's no way I would want to even think of turning a trumpet barrel out of acrylic. Heck I can't get a striker blank to play nice with me.

pappy

:z-dizzy: If you would not be offended, I could help you on this dilemma. I always polish my chisels, always run the tool rest to within 1/8" of the work piece, always set the tool rest to where the cutting edge of the chisel is just below dead center of the work piece, try to cut from the head stock out, always run the chisel's cutting edge parallel along the work, and when all else fails, hire me to do your turning....LOL...gotta love me....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

callmakerman

Offended....  No way. I work with a guy that has a friend who works with acrylic for a living building custom display cases and such. I'm going to visit and pump as much info as I can on this stuff. I use carbide cutting tools but even they seem useless against this stuff at times. I'll keep at it though.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field