turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Model 12 Disassembled/Assembled

Started by Spring Creek Calls, July 15, 2015, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Creek Calls

Been wanting to do this for years and finally found a great pictorial on every step of the process. Removed everything from the receiver and disassembled the forend so I could clean up the wood. Used some stripper and a scrub pad to remove what little finish remained on the stock and forend. Sanded lightly and applied 3 light coats of TruOil and buffed it out between coats with fine steel wool. Gave it some protection without shine. Expected some grime inside the receiver and under the bolt, but was surprised at what was inside the magazine tube. This gun was manufactured in 1937 and that area (magazine tube) had never been cleaned! Had some mismatched screws in the magazine tube so I ordered a screw replacement kit. Fit perfectly. Also ordered a forend wrench which made the job of removal a breeze for such an old gun. I'm pretty sure that had never been off the slide. Here's a couple pictures of it in pieces and after assembly this morning. The forend is still assembled in picture #2 as I was waiting for the forend wrench.

Model 12, Assembled 1937, 32" Full Choke 2-3/4" Chamber
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Hankyorke

Can you post a link to the pictorial?  My 16ga needs a little work and I can use all the help I can get.

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Hankyorke on July 15, 2015, 10:34:24 AM
Can you post a link to the pictorial?  My 16ga needs a little work and I can use all the help I can get.

Here ya go. It's the best I've seen. Referred to it several times in the reassembly, in particular receiver parts and the slide tube. Good luck!

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=394536
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Hankyorke