turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Truck Seat Covers?

Started by beagler, July 01, 2015, 07:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagler

JUst picked up a new 2015 Toyota Tacoma. Was looking for some durable custom seat covers. Looked at Caltren, Marathon and Sportsman's Camo Covers. All were about a 6-8 week wait. Wondering if any of you gentlemen have any experience with them.
Never Misses

eorlando

I have some max-4 sportsmans camo covers on my 07 tundra. I have had them for 5 years and they still look good. No rips or tears and still fit pretty snug. The front ones have lost their color from the brutal FL sun. Other than that they have been good. My wife has some wet okole on her truck and they are definitely more comfortable as they are neoprene instead of cordura.

WV Ridge Reaper

I have bottomland covers from cover king for my Tacoma...I'd never buy em again..They don't fit like I expected them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howl

I'm not saying the availability of Carhartt seat covers is the only reason I bought my F150, but it did help them sell the truck.

PALongspur

I put expensive, custom sewn Hatchie Bottom seat covers in my '08 Tacoma and my experience was like my 'ol buddy Ridge Reaper's, terrible. Poor fit and the durability left alot to be desired.

My '14 Tacoma has regular Cabelas' Trail Gear seat covers and I couldn't be more pleased. The fit is adjustable and there is a ton of pocket storage on the seat backs. If you're patient, they're on sale all the time too and you'll get them dirt cheap.

Greg Massey

Check at Cabelas I just got a new sales catalog ..auto and Atv... that has some nice seat covers on sale..

bigbird

I bought some from anything auto, mossyoak bottomland neoprene. They fit my f 150 perfect, I believe I paid around $500 for them. But that's for a crew cab too. You can pick just about any camo you want from them.

marshboy

I have the Marathon Superhides in my '12 Ram.
There were pricey, but are a great seatcover.
They fit great, they are tough, and are waterproof.  If they get wet they dry really fast.
I'll be buying them again for my next truck.
Greg

captpete

I have had the Cabela's seat covers now for 2 years on my '08 Colorado and they are still going strong. The fit isn't perfect by any means, but for the price I can live with them not fitting like a glove. I sure they would fit better if I took the time to readjust them now that I have had them for a couple years. I picked them up on sale for around $20 each.

2eagles

Quote from: marshboy on July 02, 2015, 06:24:54 AM
I have the Marathon Superhides in my F150.
There were pricey, but are a great seatcover.
They fit great, they are tough, and are waterproof.
Jim
(I had to edit Greg's post to my specs.  :lol: )

born2hunt

I put some wet okole  covers on my 14 Tacoma and I have never seen a fit that good.  Nobody ever knows they're covers until I tell them.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

stinkpickle

All you need are some old burlap bags and a staple gun.  ;)

J-Shaped

I had a set of the Sportsmans Camo covers on a Tacoma Double Cab (front and rear seats) for 8 years. They held up great and when I sold the truck I was able to sell the covers for nearly half of what I paid for them new. My interior was brand new under them and that truck got thoroughly used. I also personally know several folks with the same covers who've had the same results.

I've also had a set of the Marathons on a 4-Runner that held up equally as well.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

nativeks

I've had Marathons in my last two trucks. It will be in the current truck directly.

beagler

Well after doing a ton of research on the net I ordered Marathon's.
Never Misses