OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Killer Wingbone Headed North!

Started by guesswho, June 27, 2015, 05:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I know this probably should go in the call section, but I know there's a lot more traffic here.  If a Mod feels it should be moved please do so.  Mark Sharpe made a friend of mine from Ohio a Wingbone.   He wanted a call made from a small hen, which is what he has always used.   Now this guy has used Wingbones for 30+ years and can run one with the best of them.  He wanted a call to hunt with, not look at.  He asked me if there was anyone I'd recommend.  Marks calls are lookers and killers.  Several folks have made and sent me calls over the years but most never made it to the woods, in fact they never made it back outside.  I've personally played four or five of Marks calls and I would hunt with any one of them, and I do hunt mine.  Anyway if your in the market for a Wingbone that has the look and the sound, I highly recommend one of Marks calls.   And a good guy to top it off!

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mgm1955

crow

I got one of his cane yelpers last fall and hunted it alot this spring. His craftmanship is topnotch, but I think more important is the sound he builds into them, really nice rollover in the yelps and very crisp clucks.

callmakerman

I own two cane yelpers and a hen bone and they are pure turkey. Your friend could not have gotten a better call from anyone.

1tiogabowhunter

very nice !  Does he have a web site etc??

guesswho

Quote from: 1tiogabowhunter on June 29, 2015, 04:15:02 PM
No, but you can shoot him a pm on this site.  M Sharpe is what he goes by here.  I have to warn you though, if he ever gets you on the phone you might be there a while.  The boy likes to talk almost as much as I do.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on June 27, 2015, 05:27:32 PM
I know this probably should go in the call section, but I know there's a lot more traffic here.  If a Mod feels it should be moved please do so.  Mark Sharpe made a friend of mine from Ohio a Wingbone.   He wanted a call made from a small hen, which is what he has always used.   Now this guy has used Wingbones for 30+ years and can run one with the best of them.  He wanted a call to hunt with, not look at.  He asked me if there was anyone I'd recommend.  Marks calls are lookers and killers.  Several folks have made and sent me calls over the years but most never made it to the woods, in fact they never made it back outside.  I've personally played four or five of Marks calls and I would hunt with any one of them, and I do hunt mine.  Anyway if your in the market for a Wingbone that has the look and the sound, I highly recommend one of Marks calls.   And a good guy to top it off!

Actually, I live to the west of you, not north, and in New Mexico, not Ohio....so I will assume you just inadvertently got your directions and state mixed up.  That's okay,...I know you are aging quickly and your mind is beginning to fade.  I will be looking for the package anyway.  Thanks, buddy, that's a really nice looking call.  You're swell!

guesswho

You need to start your own forum and call it Old Goober.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

M Sharpe

Quote from: guesswho on June 29, 2015, 05:27:21 PM
Quote from: 1tiogabowhunter on June 29, 2015, 04:15:02 PM
No, but you can shoot him a pm on this site.  M Sharpe is what he goes by here.  I have to warn you though, if he ever gets you on the phone you might be there a while.  The boy likes to talk almost as much as I do.

WHO, ME??????????
NAW!!!!!!!
I've probably kilt a few batteries in my time. Why, I remember the time an old Alabama boy called me........... Well, I would tell ya the rest of the story but I don't want it to cause your power bill to go up!!!! :TooFunny:
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!