turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Father's Day Messege

Started by pappy, June 20, 2015, 06:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Luke 15:20-24 ... And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
If you know your Bible then you will recognize the verses above coming from Luke, about the prodigal son. How many times I have read and preached about this...the prodigal.... but today I want to share what I believe is the root of Fatherhood. "his father saw him and had compassion....." in today's hard knocks world men lack compassion, oh there is plenty of lust and desire, but when it comes to portraying Christ in our lives, I believe that we need to express ourselves as Christ would, when it comes to our children.
There are too many "fatherless" children running around, being raised by the street, learning to survive instead of learning to live. Father's are everywhere, except in the home, or in the hearts of their children, WHY? Too many are attracted to the desire to procreate and not having the compassion to watch their children grow up, no commitment to their place in the home, afraid of facing the reality of being a father, taking the coward's way out.
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. You recognize this scripture from Proverbs, but it has lost its meaning in the homes of so many, a father would rather teach their children how to survive an oncoming apocalypse instead of teaching them about Christ, through the word and by living it in front of them. Our children have grown and have blessed us with grandchildren, they know how we stand when it comes to raising children under a roof held up by the Grace of God and they raised their children in the same way, did it hurt? Naw.....and the results are far reaching then some class on survival, as a matter of fact, they are eternal...
So, I challenge every man who reads this,  take the time to raise your children under God's roof, and watch them blossom to fine men and women under yours.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mgm1955

misfire

Great message Jack, thank you and Happy Father's Day
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net