OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Clucking and purring

Started by mauser06, June 18, 2015, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauser06

If you were looking for the ultimate call to click and purr..

What would it be??

Right no my goto is pot calls...

Not sure what I may be missing out on...I've never ran a trough call or scratch box....I think the trough call may be a good choice?

And I'm sure there are some custom call guys making some calls that click n purr like the real deal...

If you think there is anything I aughta try let me know...even if its "another pot call". I like me a good pot call me not opposed to more lol...

That's my goto call anymore...figure I should look for the superior calls at making those calls..

vaturkey

Quote from: mauser06 on June 18, 2015, 04:43:39 PM
If you were looking for the ultimate call to click and purr..

What would it be??

Right no my goto is pot calls...

Not sure what I may be missing out on...I've never ran a trough call or scratch box....I think the trough call may be a good choice?

And I'm sure there are some custom call guys making some calls that click n purr like the real deal...

If you think there is anything I aughta try let me know...even if its "another pot call". I like me a good pot call me not opposed to more lol...

That's my goto call anymore...figure I should look for the superior calls at making those calls..

Sadler McGraw Purr Pot !  :icon_thumright:   (Champions Choice Game Calls )
Vaturkey

hunter22

A mouth call makes the most realistic clucks and purrs I have heard. A Kenny Morgan Frictionwood call ranks up there also.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Any small slate works fine for me on that topic.  The bottom side of my Roberts Bros pot is perfect.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

TauntoHawk

Schaffer tear drop slate is pretty darn turkey.

A skilled caller on a mouth call is always hard to beat
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jepcho

I rely mostly on a diaphragm for clucking and purring, but if I use something else it's a pot call. Pot calls are easier to learn on and sound pretty good but if you can master it with a diaphragm, it's hard to beat

hunter22

Here is Kenny Morgan running his Frictionwood.

https://youtu.be/-o4lomRLvD0

Bowguy

I agree w TauntoHawk, Schafers tear drop is pretty amazing. Dare ya to listen to one n not buy one

Jbird22

Quote from: hunter22 on June 18, 2015, 07:59:50 PM
A mouth call makes the most realistic clucks and purrs I have heard. A Kenny Morgan Frictionwood call ranks up there also.
Agree on both!

mauser06

Thanx guys!!!

I cannot "master" the mouth call...and I just love running a pot call..so naturally that's what I am proficient with...

I keep a mouth call in my mouth and can do enough to be dangerous with one...just not good...and can't seem to "get it". 

I need to work on it just to keep more tricks in the hat...

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Bowguy on June 18, 2015, 10:19:05 PM
I agree w TauntoHawk, Schafers tear drop is pretty amazing. Dare ya to listen to one n not buy one
x10. got one last year and it sounds awesome.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

KansasGobbler

A diaphragm all day long :) Record your calls...none of the other types of calls will come close.

vaturkey

Vaturkey

TRKYHTR

Just for the record Matt Van Cise won the 2014 GNCC clucking and purring on a purr pot. So yes you can get a great cluck and purr on the right friction call.
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

firedup

Penns Woods makes a dandy little call for that purpose. I used one a lot...till I lost it in the woods.  Great little call for purrs and clucks. Apparently it is still being made.

http://www.gamecalls.net/huntingproducts/penns_woods_wild_game_&_turkey_calls.html