OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Longbeards in the yard!!!

Started by sixbird, June 12, 2015, 10:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

Woke up today, kind of late and about to let the little knucklehead out to take care of personal business and LONGBEARDS!!! Right in the front yard, one in full strut. Two longbeards, two jakes and a few hens...Got my calls and to my surprise got one to gobble. Realized later at least one hen had some little ones. Couldn't tell how many but saw three at the same time so three for sure!
To me, that's like being greeted by my smokin' 30 year old wife...She has a cup of coffee for me and she's in a negligee...A white one...  :drool:
TURKEY BIRDS IN THE YARD!!!

beagler

Never Misses

sixbird

Turns out one hen had two and one hen had seven...Hopefully most of them will survive. So as of right now there are two longbeards and two "to be" longbeards...Now all I have to do is not get hit by a car and figure out how to make 'em "like" me... :fud: :OGani:

Greybeard11

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  -John Wayne

mgm1955

kyturkeyhunter4

sixbird

Still 9 little ones about the size of a cornish hen, fully feathered...They made it through a violent weather event that we had here on Tues. (trees snapped off and power lines down). Remarkable how resilient/resourceful they are!