Started by rodneyd, March 27, 2011, 04:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneyd

do yall think the xtended range winnys are makeing a come back

schuylkillspur

They are a Awesome shell. I think need to upgrade to #7
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

deadbuck

My 11 year old is 8 for 8 with them over the past 3 years. Tried to get him to try Magnum Blend and he told me I was crazy. Winchester needs to hire him as he tells everybody he sees how good they are.

BigPeck215

i would try them if they bumped each shell up 1/4oz in payload and i would discontinue my use of hevi 13

goblr77

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on March 27, 2011, 06:45:56 PM
They would have another follower if they would up their loads to 2.25oz in the 3.5" shells.....

I used to shoot them and switched over to Hevi-13 for this reason. That extra 1/4 oz of shot adds a lot to the pattern. Even if they add 1/4 oz of shot I won't switch back until they offer 7's.

Gold Spur

Same here! If they would offer 7's I would try them.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

surehuntsalot

ya'll must have forgotten that there was a #6 shell that everybody was just crazy over,and it killed a many a bird,until the smaller stuff come along
now everybody seems worried about how much they can shred target paper,wow
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Jbird22

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 27, 2011, 10:26:20 PM
ya'll must have forgotten that there was a #6 shell that everybody was just crazy over,and it killed a many a bird,until the smaller stuff come along
now everybody seems worried about how much they can shred target paper,wow

X2

BigPeck215

i would have no problem shooting 6's in the win extended but their payload just isn't enough for me.  

Muskie03

That's all I used to shoot until i tried the mag blend. I'll go back to xt range 6's before shooting anything else. or until i can afford nitros.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.