turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Never know what you will find

Started by Rockhound, June 08, 2015, 10:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Had a fellow from work call me Saturday from a yard sale.

He hears me talk about hunting all the time, he said he found a box full of "hevishots" for $5. I said buy them.

Ended up being 12 nitros and 12 hevishot dead coyote t shot

Oconeeguy

So true. Also, if you can stop at hardware stores, pawn shops or sporting goods stores when traveling through small towns you can sometimes find good deals. Pawn shops will sometimes deal with you. Once found some 12 ga. Winchester #6 extended range HTL (tungsten matrix shot no longer made) box of 10 shells priced at $13. At a pawn shop in Statesboro Ga. Talked him down a little from that price! It closed a few months latter, but point is to take a look at even the very small stores/pawn shops.

Fieldturkey

Found an original treebark 1187 at a pawnshop the other day. I rescued it

Gobble!

Gooserbat

As a sales Rep I'm in a lot of stores and it is true you can find all kinds of goodies on the clearance isle.  I've found good arrows for $2 each, original MO full foliage pants for $15, fed HW #7 10 round boxes  for $25 per box, and that's just in he last few months.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TRG3

At a yard sale last spring, I found a set of three new foam-type decoys with stakes for only $5.00. I didn't even try to talk the price down.

SKFOOTER

I bought an unfired Old School Remington 870 Special Purpose in Original Bottomland camo last week for $275. :OGturkeyhead:

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: SKFOOTER on June 14, 2015, 04:12:34 PM
I bought an unfired Old School Remington 870 Special Purpose in Original Bottomland camo last week for $275. :OGturkeyhead:

DANG! Good buy!