turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Truck Bed Cover?

Started by guesswho, June 07, 2015, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Looking to buy a Tonneau Cover for my Tundra.  The only experience I have with them is the vinyl roll up style.  I think this time I want to go with a more rigid cover, but not the solid fiberglass style.  Looking for something that would easily give me access to the entire bed if needed.  I've seen a few on the market and was wondering if any of you have any experience with either of these, or another that you would recommend.  Right now I'm leaning towards the  Rollbak G2.   I like the fold up design of the Peragon, but it seems like it may be a little less sturdy. 
http://www.rollbaktonneaucover.com/

https://www.peragon.com/ephp/orders/orderform/?product=T1-QC&truck_year=2010
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mikejd

This is what I have and I love it. It adds so much to the truck. I can put heavy items on top to add space. I strap my coolers down up there. I have even thrown deer up there to save the bed for gear. Made by Diamondback truck covers.

eddie234

I had the old vinyl kind and what a pain when it was cold out. I got a trifecta. It's vinyl but folds up by three. I like it real well.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Gobspur

I got an Extang Solidfold and like it.  Can take the whole thing off in 60 seconds if I need to.  Keeps bed dry except when going through carwash it gets a little water in.

Jobbler123

Apology for resurrecting this old thread. Currently looking at tonneau covers available but can't decide which are good ones that lasts. I sometimes haul tall stuffs so I need the extra space so looking at either a tri-fold or roll up. Or anyone got those retractable cover? TIA

MK M GOBL

Quote from: mikejd on June 07, 2015, 02:50:04 PM
This is what I have and I love it. It adds so much to the truck. I can put heavy items on top to add space. I strap my coolers down up there. I have even thrown deer up there to save the bed for gear. Made by Diamondback truck covers.

X2

maytom

I had both a cap, and a Lid. But I like to access the entire bed. The vinyl roll up is the only one I prefer.

Parrot Head

I have the tri fold hard cover and love it.  I can remove by myself in less than a minute.

Gobble Nole

I have a Roll N Lock on my Tundra and absolutely love it.  I can keep decoys, baseballs, guns, etc...  all locked up and protected.  And if you lock the tailgate it is virtually impossible to get into. 

It also keeps pretty much everything relatively dry even in a really hard rain...

stinkpickle

I switched from a rollup to a BakFlip F1...and now several of my friends have done the same.

http://bakindustries.com/c-306662-bakflip-f1-tonneau-covers.html

Tom Threetoes

I just bought a BAK Revolver, it's a vinyl covered aluminum roll up. It lets you see out the rear window when it's rolled all the way up and allows full use of your truck bed. So far no complaints.

yelpaholic

I want to put one on my 2500 duramax , but i need easy access to my gooseneck ball and to fill up my drag up tank.  sounds like a roll up  or the revolver would be the best option,, any body have this set-up??

tha bugman

I talked to a lady at the gas station yesterday.  She had one that folded in sections and had a great seal around the edges...really easy to open and close.

BOFF

I adapted a Bak Roll X Bed Cover for my tundra with a tool box.

Write up is here:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/2gen-member-mods-write-ups-build/166009-bak-roll-x-bed-cover-modification/

God Bless,
David B.

Jobbler123

Quote from: Tom Threetoes on March 09, 2017, 12:35:46 PM
I just bought a BAK Revolver, it's a vinyl covered aluminum roll up. It lets you see out the rear window when it's rolled all the way up and allows full use of your truck bed. So far no complaints.

Looks a good choice. Have it on during a heavy rain?