OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Americian Pharoah

Started by TrackeySauresRex, June 06, 2015, 07:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Wow! What a great race,and not bad for a horse with half a tale.  :blob10:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Cutt

History in the making! I enjoy a night out once in a while playing the ponies. As luck would have it picked 5-6-7 for the trifecta, but justed watched it at home.

Roost 1

M Sharpe

Glad he won! I've watched 4 winners in my lifetime. 37 years was a long dry spell!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Herb McClure

Mr. Mark, Miss Mary, Miss Edith and myself were all three on the net-work; pulling for that history you spoke of . No doubt, Miss Katheryn was right there too.
herb mcclure

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Cutt on June 06, 2015, 08:44:36 PM
History in the making! I enjoy a night out once in a while playing the ponies. As luck would have it picked 5-6-7 for the trifecta, but justed watched it at home.

X2 on playing the ponies. It was fun to watch and listen the roar of the crowd. Good for him is right. That was a long wait for the racing fans. A spectacular triple crown winner,which took nearly four decades.

theghost_03

This is a great thing for the sport and even more for that horse.  I went back and watched Secretariat's dominance and AP has stamped himself into the history books!  I figure if I can only see one of these in my lifetime I will be happy since I don't forsee much dominance from my Vikings LOL
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

allaboutshooting

I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever see another one. I saw 2 previously and have to say this one was the most exciting. Those thoroughbreds are such beautiful and powerful animals, it's just amazing to watch them run. I'd also have to say that I've never seen or heard a crowd react as long and loudly as they did at any horse race and maybe not at any sporting event. I can see why American Pharoah needs those ear plugs!

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

M Sharpe

Quote from: Herb McClure on June 07, 2015, 06:42:53 AM
Mr. Mark, Miss Mary, Miss Edith and myself were all three on the net-work; pulling for that history you spoke of . No doubt, Miss Katheryn was right there too.
herb mcclure

You bet she was!!

Before we were married, my wife was a thoroughbred jockey for 12 years. We've been able to get into places a lot of others aren't allowed. We generally head to Kentucky about every other year. Once it's in your blood, it's there to stay. I think year after next we'll head to Virginia to visit with a friend and then on up to Pimlico in MD.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

cwb04

It was a great race for sure and glad to see him win the triple crown.  I love to watch the horses run - especially when they show it afterwards in slo-mo.  Heard an interesting note later that day.  As great as that horse ran, they ran the times with Secretariats run in '77 and had he been in this race he would have won by 15 lengths. That's impressive!

M Sharpe

They were way off the pace until the final quarter. Then his time was faster than Secretariats.

slamman

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on June 06, 2015, 07:58:35 PM

His tail was chewed off by another horse...so the story goes.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: slamman on June 09, 2015, 09:25:23 PM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on June 06, 2015, 07:58:35 PM

His tail was chewed off by another horse...so the story goes.

^^^^^ I guess he was just horsin' around  :funnyturkey: I think they said it was Mr Z