turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for loudest call known to man

Started by troutfisher13111, June 05, 2015, 08:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

Anyone have any suggestions for a decent sounding call that can really reach out there? Type, brand, model?

USMC0331

As far as what a turkey can hear and you can't due to frequency it would be either a wing bone or trumpet.

Gobbleandgrunt

Loftis crystal screamer. It's loud, add the carbon striker, it hurts your ears to play. Cut the wind and distance.

Kates

I just got a Screamer from David Loftis and its loud and got a sound all of its own.

davisd9

Another for the crystal screamer. Just a deadly call that birds love. Can reach out there with her or play her nice and soft. Becoming my go to call.

A box box call will give you that as well. If you are trying to overcome wind then play hard. If not then do not play too loud as birds can hear very well and they do not like to be screamed at no more than we do.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Hankyorke

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

trb136

KYFrid

I'm gonna have to try one of those screamers.. I know a good tube call can get pretty loud..

M Sharpe

Quote from: USMC0331 on June 05, 2015, 09:02:18 AM
As far as what a turkey can hear and you can't due to frequency it would be either a wing bone or trumpet.

Yep!!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Bowguy

My ex wife was loud n always clucking. You want a sound file?

SteelerFan

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Bowguy on June 05, 2015, 09:37:57 PM
My ex wife was loud n always clucking. You want a sound file?
lol

I think box calls carry better than pot calls so I would say a good loud box. I have a yellowheart over mineral poplar that can crank
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

drenalinld

Don't worry about the loudest. Figure out which one carries furthest. It is without a doubt a trumpet. I have proved it many times. The idea high pitched calls carry further is WRONG. Science proves shorter higher pitched waves do not carry as far. Old wives tale. The loudest calls I have heard are long boxes and corian pots with aluminum and glass surfaces. I have watched gobblers many times running pot calls, long box or short box and a they will not lift a head at 500 - 1000 yards in open clear cut. Call normal on a trumpet and head comes up and gobble! Many times over. Also pay attention to how calls ricochet back to you from hillsides or woodlines. Trumpet comes back other calls die out including long box.

Test it. I have over and over the last few Springs.