turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A season to remember!

Started by TNSharpSpur, June 02, 2015, 07:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNSharpSpur

2015 season was one of the best for me not only because I completed my Grand Slam but I had the opportunity to shoot the slam in one season! Before the beginning of season I needed the Osceola and Merriams to complete my slam. I have been out 2 other times for a Merriams and it snowed hard everyday on both trips so I felt I had a curse. I started out in Florida, back home to TN, Wyoming, and ended in TX. Each memory made this year will last a lifetime. Now after season depression is starting to kick in. Each bird has a unique and memorable story each of their own. I'm just thankful for The Lord blessing me with yet another season.

Osceola 9 1/2" beard 1" spur

#1 Eastern 9" beard 3/4" Spurs

Wyoming Merriam monster Jake

#2 Eastern Double beard 10" ad 3" beards 1"spurs

Texas Rio Double both 9" beard and 1" spurs

My girlfriend's first Rio A Stud! 25 lbs 11 1/4" beard and 1 1/4" Spurs

kyturkeyhunter4

jepcho

That is a great season for sure!!  Congrats on the awesome birds and the Grand Slam!

cramerhunts

Congratulations on the great birds and pictures! The memories are the best part and hopefully they help get you through the off season.

357MAGNOLE

Awesome season!

There is an older fella here local that owns his own archery shop, he must have 50 mounts in the shop. He said without a doubt he could give me the details of every single hunt.  What happened, calls he used, methods, locations..... He said the mounts where discussion pieces, the memories would last forever.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

jamo