turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Brossie bag questions

Started by jepcho, May 31, 2015, 02:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jepcho

I've really been thinking about getting a brossie bag and using that in place of my vest. In my head it seems like I might like it better than a vest. I guess I have two questions. First is for the guys that have one and use one. Just looking for reviews on them, the good the bad and how you like it compared to a vest.
Secondly, I've heard guys on here saying how they ordered them and never received them or it took a really long time and couldn't get a hold of them. Just wanting more information on this, if this ever got resolved and if their customer service has gotten better. I know a buddy of mine ordered one about 3 weeks ago and hasn't received it yet. What you guys think?

TRG3

The Brossie bag looks a whole lot like the possibles bag I carry with my flintlock muzzleloader only bigger. I gave up on a turkey vest several years ago in favor of a larger fanny back which I reload for deer or turkey, depending on the season. It carries everything I need except rain gear.

BowBendr

I've been wanting to order one, but keep hearing about people having issues receiving them.
They have not had any activity on their Facebook page in about 2 years now...i'm staying away from that.
Too bad they cant resolve their business problems, it's a pretty cool concept.

troutfisher13111

I bought one last May and used it all this season. I prefer it over a vest hands down. Much cooler, and doesn't make me feel bulky. Works really well for my run and gun style of hunting.

mikejd

Quote from: Terry on May 31, 2015, 07:47:49 PM
I bought one last May and used it all this season. I prefer it over a vest hands down. Much cooler, and doesn't make me feel bulky. Works really well for my run and gun style of hunting.

Same here. I will never wear another vest. As for customer service, no problems here I had the bag in a week or so. The only thing I recommend is to add a small waist strap. Nothing tight just something to keep it from swinging. Its fine the way it is the only reason for the suggestion is because I have a similar bag that was made by penns woods that is no longer in business and that has a waist strap and i really like that.

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: I have a Tom Teaser bag from Midwest, I like it. You can carry it instead of your vest, but then you have no seat cushion. Nice bags , lots of room.

Onpoint

Quote from: jepcho on May 31, 2015, 02:10:17 PM
I've really been thinking about getting a brossie bag and using that in place of my vest. In my head it seems like I might like it better than a vest. I guess I have two questions. First is for the guys that have one and use one. Just looking for reviews on them, the good the bad and how you like it compared to a vest.
Secondly, I've heard guys on here saying how they ordered them and never received them or it took a really long time and couldn't get a hold of them. Just wanting more information on this, if this ever got resolved and if their customer service has gotten better. I know a buddy of mine ordered one about 3 weeks ago and hasn't received it yet. What you guys think?
This has me interested.

I don't like a vesr neither. If I could find one that had the snug athletic fit i like and in a good lightweight material then I may change my mind.

My current setup is a modified beard buster run n gun belt with a tenzing 1200 day pack.

In the early season it's often 40 degrees in the morning and then heating up to 70's. You never know If you're gonna have to wait one out a couple hours on top of a ridge with the wind freezing you or if you gonna hsve to chase him down 4 or 5 ridges til you finally get in a position to kill him. they small day pack Is great for strapping your layers down to as you pull yhem off. Also it has a 2 liter hydration bladder which is amazing. No more crunching water bottles.

This system works well for me, just have one complaint. The run n gun belt isn't nowhere near the quality it was when tarantula owned the company. I owned an orignal for at least 5 or 6 hard seasons. Probably more. I csnt get more Than 2 seasons out of the newer ones.

Cabelas made something similar that I would love to try but I can't find one anywhere.

llauber79

to anyone seeking info on the brossie bags. i ordered mine back in april and i tried to contact them DOZENS time over the last three months and never got a call or an email responded to. i finally received an email on july 20th stating: sorry for the delay, your bag shipped today. moral of the story... they are about three month behind on there orders evidently. i'll keep you posted on what my opinion is of it asap.

Greg Massey

Look at the OL Tom Treasure Chest bag...its pretty nice.....I myself use a camo range bag that I got off ebay....on the ends of the range bag I got it was fixed to hold water bottles that are adjustable pockets ...it will hold your box calls great and has a lot of extra storage pockets and also a place inside of the bag to carry your hand gun....its also made of heavy duty cordura....