OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who has killed with Thugs?

Started by TheSportsman, May 30, 2015, 05:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

How'd they work for you? Always seemed like the old black winchesters just floored birds. How's the knock down appear to be on the thugs?

Onpoint

Quote from: TheSportsman on May 30, 2015, 05:26:32 PM
How'd they work for you? Always seemed like the old black winchesters just floored birds. How's the knock down appear to be on the thugs?
They don't kill like the "old blacks" but they're the next best "regular" lead shell that I've tried. I' hsve 5 turkey getters and run 3" thug 5's in one of them..Killed a few with it and never a problem

Ihuntoldschool

I shot a couple birds with the Thugs this year, they work fine, hit hard.  Didn't have any problems with them.  I like the way they are plain lead without that copper.

sbbow

Rolled him over at 33yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankyorke

tha bugman

They patterned pretty good for lead in one of my guns.  Never killed a turkey with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vman

Is federal still making the Thugs? I am in NJ and can't find them online or in any stores?

trkehunr93

Thugs was solely a walmart item, only place I've ever seen them.  They will pop up in the next month or so if Federal is still making them.  This is usually the case at our walmarts and then midway thru our spring season they start marking down to clear out their stock.

vman

turkeywhisperer935

They do pretty well go have that stupid flite control wad. Federal should have kept the old grand slams. That was a fine load for lead.

Rockhound

Quote from: turkeywhisperer935 on February 01, 2016, 02:50:40 AM
They do pretty well go have that stupid flite control wad. Federal should have kept the old grand slams. That was a fine load for lead.

The thugs do not have the flight control wad

turkeywhisperer935

Sorry, I thought they did. I hate that wad.

lowoctane

Roll em up like a venetion blind!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

davisd9

Saw some at a Dicks Sporting Goods.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

twild

I haven't seen them at walmart this year. Heard only Dick's is carrying them. No proof but a buddy told me he read somewhere they have went to crap this year, lots of complaints. Glad I've got 15 boxes I stocked up on the last couple years. Love the Thugs