turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dura Touch issues

Started by wisconsinteacher, May 25, 2015, 09:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

My BPS has DuraTouch and at first I liked the feel of it then I took it to the woods.  Dirt, dry leaves, and grass stick to it like crazy.  I use shooting sticks and they rubbed the finish off the fore end.  My questions are: What can be done to remove it, what is under the finish (black matte), is it worth calling Browning and seeing if they will send a new stock that is camo but not DuraTouch finished? 

mudhen

Have not found any method to remove, just wait, most of it will peel off on it's own...

Bug spray turns it into a sticky mess...

Should be just black plastic on the black stock...

Ha, Browning send you a new stock?  That's funny right there!

You can certainly ask though...

My Silver started to peel after 2 hunts, Browning CS said too bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

howl

Browning has no warranty, so I'd say you're out of luck on that. They are free and easy with advice, though, so it won't hurt to call for ideas. If it's a common problem, they may have a fix to recommend.

deadbuck

The stocks are yellow, not black underneath. Look crappy when they start peeling!

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: mudhen on May 25, 2015, 03:48:33 PM
Have not found any method to remove, just wait, most of it will peel off on it's own...

I've heard this several times before. They will not stand behind their product.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

mudhen

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on May 25, 2015, 07:54:58 PM
Quote from: mudhen on May 25, 2015, 03:48:33 PM

I've heard this several times before. They will not stand behind their product.

They are fine on mechanical parts for the most part, but seem to be firmly against any warranty work on gun finishes...

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Snoodsniper

Ship the stock and forend out. Have the Duratouch removed and redipped.

Hooks' n' Beards'

I have hunted hard with my 12 ga bps Nwtf for 4 seasons now(never missed) and its barely peeling on edges of pump...So worth the money...by far the best shotgun ever built...Browning.....The best there is...... :gobble:

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on May 26, 2015, 07:30:44 AM
I have hunted hard with my 12 ga bps Nwtf for 4 seasons now(never missed) and its barely peeling on edges of pump...So worth the money...by far the best shotgun ever built...Browning.....The best there is...... :gobble:
Browning does make a fine shotgun. I have a BPS 10 ga 24" Stalker myself. I believe your NWTF version is dipped though and not Duratouch. Am I right? I remember when Browning came out with the Duratouch stock I thought at the time it was a mistake and would not hold up in the real world. I was right. SIMMS soft rubber recoil pads are the same way. I replaced my factory Remington 870SM pad with a SIMMS  a few years back. The darn thing got real sticky and just started to melt. I took it off this spring threw it away and put the factory pad back on! That thing was expensive too. No way would I recommend them.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

wisconsinteacher

Well, after talking to 3 different departments at Browning, I have a new stock on order FREE OF CHARGE!!!!  They don't have the older Break-Up pattern so it will be the new Break-Up Infinity pattern with DuraTouch.  I would rather not have DuraTouch but that is all they make. 

I hope that it looks alright together, but at this point I don't care.

howl

deadbuck

I know a guy that has a gun dipping business and he cringes every time a customer brings in a gun that was dura touch and wants to have it removed and then dipped using the traditional dipping process. He says the dura touch is hard to get off. I told him just spray 100% deet on it and it will melt off. lol

rcpigg65

Automotive brake cleaner will take it off . I sprayed it on a cotton wrag and worked on it to keep it off the metal finish, but most of mine was worn off already .

deadbuck

Why were you trying to keep it off the metal finish if you were stripping it?

JakeT

Benelli started putting a dura touch finish on there stock sets also. Hope its better than Brownings.