OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Call Maker ID Help

Started by robertreed711, May 20, 2015, 09:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertreed711

Hey everybody, new to the forum and I figure I might as well start off asking for help identifying who made one of my favorite calls. I ended up picking it up on ebay because I liked how it looked and the price was right but it's quickly become a top contender in my collection. It's signed and it looks like the first and last name both start with "K" but I just can't make it out.

Anyone recognize it?

Buzzkiller

Try going to your purchase history on ebay you
may find it there. Nice looking call !!!

outdoors

X2 THAT
CHECK YOUR HISTORY
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

robertreed711

I should clarify, it was sold to me second hand and the owner didn't know who made it.

My hopes were that someone may recognize the work and/or the signature.

robertreed711

TarheelTurk

I can try to post it on FB call making forums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

robertreed711

I would appreciate that. Really thought somebody on here would recognize it, the work is very high quality.

Onpoint

Quote from: robertreed711 on May 20, 2015, 09:47:24 PM
Hey everybody, new to the forum and I figure I might as well start off asking for help identifying who made one of my favorite calls. I ended up picking it up on ebay because I liked how it looked and the price was right but it's quickly become a top contender in my collection. It's signed and it looks like the first and last name both start with "K" but I just can't make it out.

Anyone recognize it?

this is a long shot,  and don't look like any calls I've seen that he made but the signature looks like it could possibly be Kimmy hanks. Probably not but that's the best guess I could come up with

TarheelTurk

Quote from: robertreed711 on May 27, 2015, 08:05:53 PM
I would appreciate that. Really thought somebody on here would recognize it, the work is very high quality.

I will copy pics and post on a few spots to find out for you .... Hopefully , I also originally thought of kimmy hanks but hadn't seen him do that style . But it's possible a early one

Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

outdoors

IF YOU LOOKED UP THE SELLER AND EMAIL 'M AND ASK THEY MIGHT REMEMBER
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

TarheelTurk

No luck sorry

robertreed711

Resurrecting this old thread, hoping someone may recognize it now.

I actually broke the call and would like to get a replacement but still don't know who the maker is.

Strick9

It does look very unique and well made, I like it. I also am not able to help with the maker though. Out of curiosity what broke and how did you break it? It looks pretty solid and well made to me.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

robertreed711

Quote from: Strick9 on April 18, 2016, 09:12:47 PM
It does look very unique and well made, I like it. I also am not able to help with the maker though. Out of curiosity what broke and how did you break it? It looks pretty solid and well made to me.

Honestly I'm not sure what happened to it. I keep my calls in padded cases and just recently I took this one out to find that there was a crack in the ceramic and it continued through the wood in the side of the pot. It was in my truck for a day while I was at work, hasn't been all that hot but maybe that caused it.

Surprisingly it actually still sounds pretty good but I would kill to find the original maker.....

HFultzjr

How about the location it was purchased from?
West, Mid-West, East, etc.
State maybe.
Long shot here, but maybe we can narrow it down.
Could also be someone who just "tinkers", maybe never find out.