OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

"North woods Law" VS. Old Pro Turkey Hunter book

Started by crow, May 17, 2015, 09:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwater

This thread is so funny.   lol.   Looking forward to this episode.

Dr Juice

jamo

Slowshoe

I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by saying "I stripped down and started backing towards the strutter" can you expand on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swamp Dragons beware.

crow

Quote from: Slowshoe on May 18, 2015, 05:32:59 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by saying "I stripped down and started backing towards the strutter" can you expand on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this is from the classic turkey hunting book "Old Pro Turkey Hunter" by Gene Nunnery

Gene as a young man went with his mentor Gabe Meadows to visit old Tony McCleb who was close to passing away, while they were there Tony shared with them his long time well kept family secret of dealing with hung up gobblers.------ Which was to strip down nekkid and back straight towards the turkey.

Mr. Nunnery was not clear in his book if he ever tried it or not------I just hated to pass on a perfect opportunity   :o 

357MAGNOLE

Clearly the timing was perfect. Do you get anything for being on the show?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Ihuntoldschool

I do not believe ANYONE would actually try such a thing, at least I hope not. Best I can tell, this is meant to be a funny joke.

WV TURKEY THUG

post a pic of the written warning and ill believe you  :TooFunny:

KYFrid

crow

:morning:Alright I guess I should fess up, I was just messing with you.

I was only fibbing about my "fanny-ing", I get a little punchy in the middle of the season when I'm sleep deprived  :TooFunny:

but in all seriousness, If you haven't read "Old Pro Turkey Hunter" it's a really good book, and a good addition to your library

now this is true---- when I was a boy I did strip down and swam out in a river to get my first duck in the middle of Nov., I was proud of that duck and it was worth it.

owlhoot

Tail Feathers

Quote from: crow on May 19, 2015, 12:36:33 PM
  :morning:Alright I guess I should fess up, I was just messing with you.

I was only fibbing about my "fanny-ing", I get a little punchy in the middle of the season when I'm sleep deprived  :TooFunny:

but in all seriousness, If you haven't read "Old Pro Turkey Hunter" it's a really good book, and a good addition to your library

now this is true---- when I was a boy I did strip down and swam out in a river to get my first duck in the middle of Nov., I was proud of that duck and it was worth it.
:TooFunny:  I thought you may have been but it's still a funny thing to consider!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

WV TURKEY THUG

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

GobbleNut

Quote from: WV TURKEY THUG on May 20, 2015, 08:10:11 PM
i know what im doing if a see a robo turkey

Not me.  If they decide to shoot, there are some mighty valuable jewels right there if they miss the bulls eye!  :TooFunny: