turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"North woods Law" VS. Old Pro Turkey Hunter book

Started by crow, May 17, 2015, 09:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

Well every time I re-read that book I get curious if the old family secret that Tony McCleb gave to Gabe Meadows would really work.

so I'm up in Maine, where not many people know me (I live in Pa.), and I think that this would be the perfect place to try it out.

I'm hunting along a beechnut ridge and see a power line clearing ahead, as I get closer I can see a couple of toms in the clearing. I backed up a bit and worked down hill until 80 yards, got set up and called, one strutted but neither would come closer, tried a different call, still won't budge

this spot is out in the middle of nowhere (or so I thought), so taking Mr. McClebs advice I strip down and start backing towards the strutter, getting closer I sneak a peak and both are still there, so far so good. just about to take a 30yard shot and-----

then this voice coming over a megaphone says "Gamewarden, Hold it right there, and just what the heck do you think your doing?", by now I get a better look and see the strutter is one of these newfangled motorized decoys.

they then actually used those terms you hear on the show----not the "crime of the century" but very "suspicious" behavior and this is going on my "permanent record"

so I explain about the secret method in the book, they are still looking at me like I'm nuts, and start to get out the ticket book. Lucky for me one of the camera men speaks up and tells them he had read Mr. Nunnery's fine book, and this was really in it.

also lucky for me is that face masks were after Mr. McClebs time so I had kept mine on and used it to cover up as all this was going on with the wardens.

well I get off with a written warning, but they did ask me if Pa. didn't have enough birds, did I really need to ever come back to Maine-----this is my story and I'm sticking to it.

357MAGNOLE

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

bamahunter

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on May 17, 2015, 09:22:48 PM
What did I just read?

Bwaaaahahaha.... that's EXACTLY what I'm thinking! I don't whether to laugh or leave this site forever.  :TooFunny:

Boydawg

Please say this is a joke, that you didn't really do that! BTW, what was the charge gonna be? Far as I know there's no law against making a fool of yourself.  I bet ol Gene is turning flips bout now!   :TooFunny:

SinGin

So since they were decoys, we still don't know if it will work then.

crow

Quote from: Boydawg on May 17, 2015, 10:07:23 PM
    Please say this is a joke, that you didn't really do that! BTW, what was the charge gonna be? Far as I know there's no law against making a fool of yourself.  I bet ol Gene is turning flips bout now!   :TooFunny:

the charge was hunting without my license on me, it was back in my vest since there wasn't any pockets in my face mask  :TooFunny:

Boydawg

You should have used the license holder provided between yer "cheeks".   :TooFunny:

Greybeard11

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  -John Wayne

darn2ten

Sure am glad there's no pics in this thread!  :TooFunny:

stinkpickle

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

crow

Quote from: darn2ten on May 18, 2015, 01:11:39 AM

well I did sign their release form, so this will be in next seasons episode, some of it is blurred out of course.

I'm not saying I put on a couple of pounds as i got older, but this might be a good time to get that wide screen TV that I've been thinking about  :TooFunny:

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: crow on May 18, 2015, 09:29:57 AM
Quote from: darn2ten on May 18, 2015, 01:11:39 AM

well I did sign their release form, so this will be in next seasons episode, some of it is blurred out of course.

I'm not saying I put on a couple of pounds as i got older, but this might be a good time to get that wide screen TV that I've been thinking about  :TooFunny:

I cant believe this is real AND going to be on TV.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Tail Feathers

I don't know if this is true or not but it's the funniest thing I've read in a while! :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Please let it be true...I"ll be watching that show to see!

I can only imagine what a game warden would be thinking. :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!