OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pa bird

Started by huntmaster80, May 17, 2015, 09:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntmaster80

Dont post on here to often, but I figured I would share a pic of a bird that I will never forget!  My wife loves the outdoors, but is not into turkey hunting so much as archery hunting.  I hunted this guy for three days and could not get him to commit, well one night my wife said I want to go with you in the am. So the next morning we made the 2.5 mile walk back to where he was roosting, he started gobbling at 540 and hammered about 50 and strutted all over the place before he ate a federal heavywight 20 gauge #7 out of my benelli m2.  She says to me "that seems easy"....??? guess I need to take her with me more often!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Snoodsniper

Fieldturkey

Those are some beautiful turkey hunting woods

mgm1955

jamo

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

alloutdoors

101st501

nice bird, great job

cramerhunts

Congratulations on a sweet bird and great pictures! When it's meant to be it can seem easy  :you_rock:

kyturkeyhunter4

catclr

Way to go keeping after him. Nice bird & hunting area  :toothy9:

huntmaster80

The Allegheny National Forest is a beautiful place for sure!!! Requires a little more work than other places to hunt but can be very rewarding as it was for me!! That bird is not the biggest by a long shot, but will have a place on my wall standing on a limb, because the hunt was absolutely amazing, and his memory deserves to be preserved!!!

jepcho

Great story! Congrats!

steveo

Way to go! Congrats.