turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blackwing Taxidermy?

Started by WW, May 14, 2015, 04:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

Have any of you guys used Mike Mizelle out of Florida to mount a Turkey? I'm thinking hard on using him instead of Hazel Creek. I know Callie does great work but from what I've seen of Mike's work......it looks really good too.

JHoyle

I've seen some of his work and it is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alloutdoors

I was in his shop this spring and he has my Osceola. His work is amazing. Callie does good birds too, other than not knowing what colors a turkey head should be.

WW

I'm leaning towards sending mine to Mike next week. He just didn't have many pics online but if the NWTF endorsed him, then he has to be good.

Treynolds

WW

Treynolds

It's a beautiful bird, for sure. Hope all goes well and you get a great mount. Let us know who you decide to go with.

WW

:TrainWreck1:
Quote from: Treynolds on May 14, 2015, 09:54:49 PM
It's a beautiful bird, for sure. Hope all goes well and you get a great mount. Let us know who you decide to go with.

Will do. I just heard of blackwing so I'm nervous about sending my bird to him, when I know what hazel creek can do. I'll figure it out.

eorlando

Check out John Beard in TN. He did my smoke phase Osceola. You can check out my posts on here to see pictures of it. I promise you won't be disappointed with his work!!

WW

That smoke bird was a pretty one!!
Callie Morris or Blackwing????

jjnfla

Mikes turkeys are definitely better than calleys,I look at one from each of them plus a few others and he's on another level trust me you would be happy with mikes work..

dejake

I'm doing an Osceola trip next spring.  If all goes well, I'll be taking mine to Blackwing.

GobbleNut

From his gallery, I would say that Blackwing compares favorably to Morris.  I would base my decision to use one or the other (or another skilled turkey taxidermist) on four things:  1) production-level work (how their "every day mounts" compare,...not their competition-level mounts);  2)  convenience;  3)  turn-around time;  4) price.

cramerhunts

Does anyone have an email address for Mike other than what is listed on his website? I've been trying to send him some questions but keep getting an undeliverable message back.

Greg Massey

Ive got one mounted in full strut...nothing like it... we have it in our hunting cabin...only thing about having one mounted is you can buy a nice gun for what it cost....lol