OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Blackwing Taxidermy?

Started by WW, May 14, 2015, 04:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjnfla

Quote from: GobbleNut on June 13, 2015, 01:40:28 PM
From his gallery, I would say that Blackwing compares favorably to Morris.  I would base my decision to use one or the other (or another skilled turkey taxidermist) on four things:  1) production-level work (how their "every day mounts" compare,...not their competition-level mounts);  2)  convenience;  3)  turn-around time;  4) price.
calleys birds are mounted in an assembly line so to say he's may not even touch the bird,as for turn around d from Mike it was just under a year,price was better than what I paid hazel creek and a few others,this bird I had Mike mount I was trying to get Brett defreits to mount
World champion turkey taxidermist he turn me onto Mike and usuder me he's birds would be what I wanted or better as Mike learned under him and I couldn't have been happier if this mikes comercial work..
Conveience maybe better for me that I live I  Fl but Mike drove 45 min or so out of his way to pick up my bird from me and when it was finish we met half way as he is about 1 1/2 hours way from me..I'll try and post mikes contact info

dejake

His phone number is on the website.  Give him a call; he was very responsive to my questions.

jjnfla

cramerhunts

I had the pleasure of talking to Mike today and he answered all of my questions and gave me a lot of information I was looking for. Seems to be a really good guy and from his pictures on his website and Facebook he does great work. If my daughter is lucky enough to get her Osceola next spring Mike will be doing the mount.

fountain2

Chip hayes in TN does fantastic work as well.  He's won multiple awards and his mounts are displayed at the convention every year and they always do well. 

Some great options listed

Blackwing

The email on the Blackwing website is down but we are working on it. We are also working on getting some more of the pictures up on the site. You can reach us by email at memizelle@gmail.com until we get it fixed. You can also check out the Blackwing Facebook page for more pictures. Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Mike Mizelle

TRKYHTR

I would put another vote in for John Beard at Birdsonly Taxidermy, http://birdsonly.homestead.com/BirdsOnlyShowroom.html. His turkeys will compare with anyones.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Blackwing

:boon:I would agree that John Beards birds are very nice. As a taxidermist I know I will not get everyone's business and that doesn't bother me at all as long as the customer seeks out a guy that will respect the bird and make it look as true to nature as possible. There are a handful of guys in the country that can do those kind of birds and John is one of them.