OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunt to remember. Cousins first bird

Started by Bustabeak, March 27, 2011, 12:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

We had birds gobbling all around us today in georgia but it seemed once they hit the ground the wouldn't make another sound. My cousin and I walked my property over this morning finding a lot of signs but no birds after they flew off roost. We finally made our way back towards our camp and I let out a few cuts and these fellas gobbled back like they had 12" beards. We set up and within 3 minutes these birds came over 100 yards to my full strutt decoy and hen. I shot and rolled the first bird. My cousin was behind some brush jumped to his knees to try to fire a shot at the second bird. I did a fighting purr call and the bird spun around and came running right back and he let him have a face full of #4's. Even thought they were jakes it was  a hunt to remember! He is a firm believer that turkey hunting is more exciting than deer hunting ( not to say we don't do our share of deer hunting) but there is nothing like turkey hunting. He said all the way to the truck" I won't ever forget that hunt". To me that's what it's all about!

His first bird!

OLE RASPY

TrkyHntr

He's big enough to ride in my truck!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

nctrkyhntr

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

JVA54

ghillie

Hognutz

Congrats. Looks like you guys had a pretty good day..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

spitndrum

njdevilsb

RutnNStrutn