OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's your choice of John Sinclair Pots?

Started by larry9988, May 07, 2015, 12:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry9988

Sinclair makes 3, 3.25 and 3.5" pot calls. He uses blasted aluminum, green aluminum, ceramic, copper, crystal, glass, slate and titanium. He uses several different woods. What are your opinions on the best combos? Looking for one for friction competitions and do not have any experience with his calls. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks, Larry

MG150

I won one of his Titanium pots last night on E bay.I called and talked to him about the call.He explained about the different pitches you get with different woods and pot sizes.What strikers to use and where to play on the call.Another fine gentleman and callmaker.I would recommend that you call and talk to him.He was very helpful and informative.I learned a lot just by talking with him for a few minutes,Mike

mgm1955

Quote from: MG150 on May 07, 2015, 02:25:05 PM
I won one of his Titanium pots last night on E bay.I called and talked to him about the call.He explained about the different pitches you get with different woods and pot sizes.What strikers to use and where to play on the call.Another fine gentleman and callmaker.I would recommend that you call and talk to him.He was very helpful and informative.I learned a lot just by talking with him for a few minutes,Mike
I've had the same experience with John. Very helpful and a gentleman as well.

Strick9

I wouldn't even bother with that thar Sinclair feller, why he is meaner than a bobcat with a rattle snake attached to both rear quarters,, Im tellin ya.

Honestly I believe him to be another blessed man of the few left in the ranks of Lonnie.. Give him a shout for sure.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

outdoors

IM NOT INTO METALLIC  SOUNDING CALLS ? ?           
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

kyturkeyhunter4

JLH

I have several of his calls....I'm afraid to actually count them....

My personal preference is the 3.25 cocobolo....but any dense wood will be similar.. (macasser ebony, kingwood, mun ebony)

And for surface, brass and the ti. a about equal, each one has its own tone and character to them.

Brass can get down right nasty, and definitely has a natural sound to it.
the titanium, is more versitile, certain strikers will get you all the rasp you need, and as he said, whre you play the call will give you the tone you want....

And the cool part, is you get a clean two tone yelp pretty much anywhere you play it.

Then you have to consider the soundboard......jeez, there's a lot to these little things...

KentuckyHeadhunter

He sure must be a busy bee.  I can't believe what they're fetching on eBay now.  Guess I got lucky early in the season. His titanium bocote is awesome also.  He is a true callmaker.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

slayerrd

Do you guys run the titanium over slate or over glass? I was thinking about ordering one. Not sure which way to go.

SteelerFan

@slayerrd... Both sound great (that doesn't help ;)). The titanium over slate seems to have a deeper low end on the rollover, as expected I guess. Over glass - you get that slightly higher rasp throughout. Either one has the ability to change up on tone depending on where you run it on the surface (edge vs. center). I'm sure John would / could run both for you to hear (or get one of each?). One thing's for sure, the more you run it, the more you'll find out just what you can do with it...