OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fast fire 3 mounting options

Started by dzsmith, May 06, 2015, 12:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzsmith

So I bought a speed bead for the 870, but it doesn't jive with my Boyd's thumbhole stock. I'm selling the speed mount, and have a purchased the regular mount for the ff3. What I need to know is what is the best option to mount it on an 870. I already have a picatanny rail laying around that will mount to my 870, but I see a lot of folks using the saddle type mounts. The saddle would prevent me from having to drill and tap but its also more metal, bulk, and weight. What's the best option considering recoil and what not. Once again I already have a picatanny so i , all I have to do is drill and tap .
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

dzsmith

Jbird22

I had my 870 20 ga drilled and tapped this year because Burris doesn't make a Speedbead mount that'll fit the 20 ga receiver. If I were you, I'd have it drilled and tapped. BTW, I might be interested in buying the SpeedBead mount if you don't have a buyer lined up.

stinkpickle

dzsmith

will not be using a cantilever. ive watched videos of a fast fire on a cantilever in slow motion. its not pretty. it actually can bend down and strike the barrel from recoil

stinkpickle

Quote from: dzsmith on May 08, 2015, 08:41:13 PM
will not be using a cantilever. ive watched videos of a fast fire on a cantilever in slow motion. its not pretty. it actually can bend down and strike the barrel from recoil

That's why you cut them down.

BINK McCARTY

THAT SUCKS!!!!! Call Gobbler Guns @ 877-251-9955 talk to Rob (owner) or Jonathon ,tell them what u have goin on and i'll bet u they can take care of u....prolly drill & tap the receiver,put the weaver type base on and u will be in business!!!! These are the same fellas that do all Benellis custom shop turkey&waterfowl guns so u WILL be in good hands!!!!!!! Hope this helps.

sixbird

Rob likes the Warne mount because it's steel and it does sit fairly low...If you want him to put a 336 mount on, you'll probably do well to get one and send it along with the gun. He seems reluctant otherwise...
I wanted the 336 but gun was already at Roberts and just let them put the Warne on to avoid hassle. Turned out to be a really clean installation and, like I say, it's pretty low...