turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite/Best Pot Surface?

Started by taylorjones20, April 29, 2015, 09:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylorjones20

What is your favorite or what you do consider to be the best surface on a pot call?  I am looking to get a quality call and I'm just curious what everyone likes...

Thanks!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

BABS9

cornfedkiller

I have an aluminum that I love.  Sounds great, super easy to use, loud if I want it to be, and never needs conditioning.

Onpoint

Quote from: taylorjones20 on April 29, 2015, 09:53:50 PM
What is your favorite or what you do consider to be the best surface on a pot call?  I am looking to get a quality call and I'm just curious what everyone likes...

Thanks!
I like em all.

I have probably killed more with crystal and ceramic than any.

Good ceramic calls are hard to find.
Daybreak, stumpy and Jay Ritchie are the best in this department

Any halloran crystal
Any platz call
Lonnie Sneed makes a.great slate

Tommythreetoes

I'll throw a copper vote out there. 

Rick Howard

Lol your going to get more confused asking this question.  Everyone likes what they like. Your gonna have to try them for yourself to see what you like.  I'd suggest glass.  It plays pretty easy and does good in dry or damp conditions with the right striker.  The striker makes a HUGE difference in your calling. 

Bro2032

You're going to need one of each, but I would start with slate. It's the easiest to run imo..

kyturkeyhunter4

Greg Massey

Slate....they don't make it anymore .. lohman thunder dome... I have 2 of them.... sometimes you can find one on ebay.  Its a high pitch slate with carbon strike.

Txag12

Depends on what I'm doing, I carry both a crystal and a slate.

mgm1955

Honolua

Best one I heard was a Tony Reynolds Carolina Assassin! That thing is bad to the bone...and pure turkey.

It's crystal over Slate double sided.

ElkTurkMan

Toss up for me between ceramic or copper.