turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New turkey gun

Started by turkeykiller, April 29, 2015, 05:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller

Was thinking about buying a new turkey gun next year. I'm between a super back eagle 2 a Winchester sx3 and a Browning maxus. What are y'all's thoughts on these shot guns.

longislandloco

Any would serve you well, JMHO, look at the Versa-Max.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

beagler

Never Misses

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Swampchickin234

Whichever feels the best. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

look at the Versa-Max. 
           X. 2
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Borden811

allaboutshooting

Quote from: turkeykiller on April 29, 2015, 05:52:13 PM
Was thinking about buying a new turkey gun next year. I'm between a super back eagle 2 a Winchester sx3 and a Browning maxus. What are y'all's thoughts on these shot guns.

They are all excellent shotguns. I'd handle each of them and see which one feels best to you. You would not go wrong with any of them.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

CrustyRusty

Scoping a Maxus is a nightmare. Browning uses a proprietary scope base and an odd size base screw.   Having a custom rail made is difficult because finding the odd size screws is nearly impossible. The scope base is relieved so that only two slots are on the base. This means you can only use a scope or a red dot that uses two rings and is long enough to allow the use of two rings.  I tried having EGW make a base but after months of trying to deal with them I got tired of them blowing me off.  I eventually gave up trying to put an optic on my Maxus and went back to my sbe2. No regrets.
The Maxus is a great gun ands patterns amazing but just understand that if you want an optic on it it is not well designed.   In hindsight I should have just bought an SX3 and saved money.

budtripp

You won't regret buying a benelli.  I love my SBE2 even though it's mainly used for waterfowl they also make great turkey guns. I like the maxus too but I've only held them in the stores.

mudhen

Had them all + the New A5....

I shoot my 3.5" BPS mostly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka