only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Why the heck?

Started by 2eagles, April 24, 2015, 07:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

Sorry.   :anim_25:

Honolua

I can tell you that they haven't made any noise aside from The rare locator cluck. I hunt literally every day of deer/turkey season and can tell you it's weird.

I was blessed with some luck but it's a weird season here. With a few reports of vocal birds being the exception it's tough hunting here this year.

Not whining, just saying.

silvestris

Sometime, tears are all you have to give.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

TauntoHawk

I think guys that are new to turkey hunting hear about those awesome morning in the woods we all dream of combined with watching TV hunting shows where aweful calling is rewarded with 5 strutting birds at 10yds and think thats how it is.. birds gobble all day, every day

I reality theres lots of days in the woods that are dead silent even on the very best properties, they also don't understand that different phases of the breading cycle will in fact make gobbling activity come in waves and that birds are drasticly effected by weather and changes in pressure.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SteelerFan

I would like to know, how one day you can hear several gobblers... maybe 4? 6? 10? in all different directions just booming on the roost - and then, the next day - NOTHING. Not one gobble in the whole area / valley? You can hear a rooster crow at the farm you know is 3/4 of a mile away. Do they text each other? Twitter? Gobblebook? How do they ALL agree to keep quiet?  :lol:

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

TnRidgeRunner

Snoodsniper

I don't really think this topic is  necessary. I leads to the type of bashing we try to steer clear of here.

stinkpickle

Gobblers are clearly members of a union.

g8rvet

Quote from: Snoodsniper on April 24, 2015, 11:54:14 AM
I don't really think this topic is  necessary. I leads to the type of bashing we try to steer clear of here.
Amen
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

2eagles

Gee whiz, I'm sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. I wanted to remind all of us that sometimes things aren't what we want, but to get out there and make the best of it.

headshot870

in my not so humble opinion, it's succeeding on the tough days that are the most memorable. it makes one appreciate the "easier days" & a quiet day in the woods beat any day at work!

Y'all be safe,

Nathan

BowBendr

Quote from: silvestris on April 24, 2015, 08:31:34 AM
Sometime, tears are all you have to give.
Very true, i've been there....

Sent by this stupid phone

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Bro2032

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 24, 2015, 12:00:17 PM
Gobblers are clearly members of a union.
^^This is Good.. Lol..^^