turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pot call recommendation

Started by Txag12, April 23, 2015, 11:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txag12

Guys i currently have a halloran twisted sister crystal and a lon trice Birdseye maple slate, love both, but looking for something new that would be a good change up. Aluminum, copper, or ceramic would be my guess. What would y'all pick up? Thanks

Steven

grayfox

Well I'm partial to double sided calls.  There is a Spring Allure Aluminum/Slate in the classifieds now. I have one like it & it has become my favorite aluminum.  I recommend it.

JLH

Check out jonn sinclair calls on ebay....get a hold of either his brass or titanium.

The brass is the sweetest sounding call I've heard, has a very natural, very raspy ring to it.

He's almost done making calls for the season, but still puts new calls up every few days.
You'll have a call a couple days after you buy it....he ships super fsst!

Bowguy

I have a few of Schafers I really like, Atomic 13 which I been grabbing first since you can play it so soft. I've never ever tried that on aluminum, his slate over slate is can get real nasty as well as the sweet notes, don't forget his mad hen series of you like crystal. Halloran's mistress is pretty awesome too.

jordanz7935

I was in the same position as you last year i have a crystal mistress and a hot hen slate.I ended up getting a lights out adonized aluminum last spring.That lights out call just didnt have the sound i like so i sold it and this year i got a flamed ash copper call from Mike Yingling on here. The copper is definately a keeper it sounds awesome, i hope to break it in on a gobbler tomorrow morning for the youth hunt.

davisd9

David Loftis crystal screamer or Lights Out Ceramic

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

MikeStaten

Bill Lyman's aluminum would be a nice addition.

Jbird22

Another vote for a Yingling Copper! LOVE both of mine.

BABS9

Yingling Copper. Love mine as well.

WV Ridge Reaper

Lyle Gilbert at Houndstooth has an aluminum in walnut pot that will run with the best of the aluminum calls that cost 2 as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyturkeyhunter4

I bought one of the lights out osage copper, it sounds awesome.

TauntoHawk

I'm big on Schaffer's calls, his atomic 13 aluminum and red hen ceramic are built to kill turkeys. His mad hen is good enough I leave my twisted sister home most hunts.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gooserbat

I sure have done well with my Ol Hickory Aluminum. 

Ask these guys
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Honolua

I am quickly becoming a fan of Tony Reynolds calls. I got a Lil' Jenny Box and it is insane.... 1st day I used it was the first time in over a month I got birds to reply at all.

He also has about the best pot calls I have ever heard. I have been mostly using a Woodhaven Cherry Classic Crystal but boy I like the areynolds Carolina Assassin way better. It's double sided too. Crystal on one side and slate on the other.

These calls are absolutely pure turkey!

dantheman

chain reaction game calls copper calls are hard to beat. Currently have a laminate that I love the sound of but have been impressed with it in osage and cant wait to see spaltted hackelberry. great tone